PDA

View Full Version : Hubby threatened to become my assistant permanently! !!

Memina
20-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Well just as the title says really.

Over the weekend he just mentioned out of nowhere that in September hes thinking about giving up his minicab job to become my full time assistant.

He's registered as my assistant but only helps occasionally with school runs and our kids really but he's more of a hindrance rather than a help.

Bless him he's only trying to help but I'd prefer to have him out from my feet. Lol

Let's just hope it doesn't come up in conversation again.

FussyElmo
20-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Oh no cant you have him cleaning up pooh or something similarly disgusting to put him off.

Hat off to any of you who do work with your oh's but mine goes out to work for the safety of our marriage :laughing::laughing::laughing:

lizduncan72
20-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Think it would end in divorce if my DH worked with me!! Hope you manage to put him off the idea x

CLL
20-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Ha, I am trying to convince my hubby to become my assistant in September!

Petshrinklj
20-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Ha ha. Good luck changing his mind

Memina
20-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Dont get me wrong, I would really appreciate the help and company however he wont go to toddler groups with me.

He will have the the telly on all day which drives me nuts, won't cook, will probably have a nap whenever my back is turned. Will moan if a child is crying. Will get them all ocd about washing thier hands as hes a germaphobe.

Do I really need to go on?

clareelizabeth1
20-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I love working by myself I think I would go nuts having someone else there all the time when oh has helped it's been nice because it was rare.

Petshrinklj
20-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Dont get me wrong, I would really appreciate the help and company however he wont go to toddler groups with me.

He will have the the telly on all day which drives me nuts, won't cook, will probably have a nap whenever my back is turned. Will moan if a child is crying. Will get them all ocd about washing thier hands as hes a germaphobe.

Do I really need to go on?

Lol mine would be the same. Or he'd start doing some dangerous DIY project in middle of playroom or something. Lol I miss my husband when he's at work but its not long after he's at home he starts annoying me lol.

mrs coops
20-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Lol my hubby threatened this when he possibly could of been made redundant. He had a holiday booked for a couple of days so decided to show him exactly what working with me would be like lol he's changed his mind now

tigwig
20-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I've worked with mine for around 18mths now. We have had no problems and have always been joined at the hip so it works really well. He was unsure at first and was a bit of a spare part but he soon got into it. Even with all the disgusting nappies he has to do! He also hated groups to begin with and was very self conscious but now he occasionally goes on his own on a quiet day. The kids love him and for me the extra help is fab. Due to the times the children start I rarely have to take babies on the school run and can leave them at home which is a godsend. I dont know if we will do it forever but at the moment it suits and financially and time wise he would have to find a very excellent paid job with lots of benefits to give it up. And that is unlikely to happen!

mrs robbie williams
21-05-2013, 05:56 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo i would end up killing dh :D:D

angeldelight
21-05-2013, 06:57 AM
It works well for some and not so well for others

If he does it give him all the jobs you hate ...school runs in the rain etc :laughing:

Angel xx

Memina
24-05-2013, 01:06 PM
So he's mentioned it various times and I think he's really considering it. Oh joy!

Never one to miss an opportunity I have him now with all my receipts on the table sorting them into date order.

Lets just say the air ia blue in the kitchen lol

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Haha that should do the trick- get him to do spme of the other paperwork too like writing new policies or something lol

Koala
25-05-2013, 06:40 AM
DO you need to include him in your numbers :laughing: :laughing:

You know how, sometimes, they can act like a 3 year old :laughing: :laughing:

mine can anyway and sometimes he's just like a BIG baby :D