PDA

View Full Version : Website

vikiwizz
19-05-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm thinking of setting up a website and was wondering, those who have the,, do you get a lot of enquires through it? Has it been worth while?

Thank you

Becci26
19-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes and yes :D

It has definitely been worthwhile, and has helped secure business.

JoRo163
19-05-2013, 07:24 PM
I've had a few directly through my website and I now have a full timer who found me this way.

Also, when I send messages on childcare.co.uk I also send a link to my website which I'm sure has helped. I've had many a compliment on my website - I've no doubt that it has helped secure business!

FizzWizz
19-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Yes definitely. It gives you a chance to sell yourself and my free website has brought me many enquiries and resulted in obtaining several minders :-)

vikiwizz
19-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Great thank you, I'm hoping to use it as part of my communication with parents and putting a monthly newsfeed on there telling parents what we have planned that month as well.

shortstuff
19-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I have a web site and actually guide any enquiries to it before we organise the first meeting. I find its a great tool for them to have an insight into how i work. It has brought me three of my current families too. Hth

winstonian
20-05-2013, 06:59 AM
I have one that my friend did for me. It has pictures of our home and us and a typical day, menu etc. I dont do a blog. I have had several enquiries from it and have taken on 4 children via it.

vikiwizz
20-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Great thank you, I think I'm going to go ahead and do one as it can't hurt to have extra things out there for parents to see

Becci26
20-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Definitely :)

And like somebody else said I point enquiries to my website as it has lots of info on it, this then seems to result in only serious enquiries visiting and no time wasters.

I have a parent information pack that I give to parents when they visit and have a link of that on my website, which seems to work well as lots of questions are already answered before they get here :D

suziealderton
20-05-2013, 11:10 AM
My website http://www.suzieschildminding.co.uk/

I paid 55 pounds for an add free version. (45 with adds x)

vikiwizz
20-05-2013, 12:22 PM
That's a great website thank you Suzie.

Rolacolapink
20-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Hi I have one Nicola Barker Childminding (http://www.nicolabarkerchildminding.webs.com) I try to keep as much info on here as poss and keep vacancies updated on the homepage. it's a free site with webs.com. i signed up to google+ business (also free) and set up meta tags from my website. Only 1 other CM out of approx 16 in my area have signed up to this. Feedback from a new parent said I seemed to be the only childminder in the area on a google search!

I also mention my website on childcare.co.uk, my paperwork and local netmums site

You can also check daily stats for your website thru webs ie. how many views on your website and where they came from (via netmums / google / direct etc) :)

vikiwizz
20-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I've heard of google + how do you go about signing up for it?

Rolacolapink
20-05-2013, 03:09 PM
do a search on google+ business then go to 'get started' and follow the set up instructions. it's pretty straight forward. once done they send you a code through the post, when you receive it confirm your account with the code and you will be all set up.

vikiwizz
20-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Thank you :)

vikiwizz
20-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Thank you that's really helpful :(