PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding training online can anyone recomend one ?

rosemagen
19-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Im looking for a safeguarding training online but not sure which one to do ? advise please thanks R

sarah707
20-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Your safeguarding course must be local authority approved - that is one of the requirements of the EYFS 2012.

So you need to talk to your local people and find out what course they say you can attend. Don't pick one from the internet at random - you might be wasting your money.

Hope this helps! :D

rosemagen
20-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi thank you for your advise, I can't make evenings with my local young in herts course so i was going to use PACEY ? online ? do you think this will be ok if not then i will call my hertford council and see if they are putting on some more courses for saturdays ? thanks rose

moggy
20-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi thank you for your advise, I can't make evenings with my local young in herts course so i was going to use PACEY ? online ? do you think this will be ok if not then i will call my hertford council and see if they are putting on some more courses for saturdays ? thanks rose

Only your LA can tell you if the Pacey course is acceptable. Give them a ring.

jackie 7
20-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Keep checking the web site. I have done 1 on a Saturday and friend did 1 on a Tuesday evening. You could ring the early years worker and ask. I'm in St. Albans so got told about a Saturday one. .

Supernanny86
20-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Keep checking the web site. I have done 1 on a Saturday and friend did 1 on a Tuesday evening. You could ring the early years worker and ask. I'm in St. Albans so got told about a Saturday one. .

That would be good if there were some on Tuesdays and Saturdays around st a!! I know I don't have to have it being a nanny, and not a requirement of my ofsted registration but it all helps! :)

jackie 7
20-05-2013, 04:26 PM
As a nanny you could do the nspcc online course. As it is not a requirement of registration. Talk to the people at BAPAN former info.

rosemagen
30-05-2013, 12:54 PM
As a nanny you could do the nspcc online course. As it is not a requirement of registration. Talk to the people at BAPAN former info.

Thanks for your advice.... YIH have got one this tue 4th June but its in bushy which is miles away from Hertford and I don't have a sitter for my daughter who 6 1/2 years might try PACEY online

rosemagen
30-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi all, great news I have phone my HCC and they have said send a email to younginhertstrainging@hertfordshire.gov.uk explaining you unable to attend evening course and they will respond with an email and password to do it online ! yipppppppppp !