PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day ideas?

mrs robbie williams
17-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Pretty please xx

maisiemog
17-05-2013, 04:09 PM
We've planted flowers in an old welly boot here! Had to do it early as we are away for the week before so want to be organised, plus I wanted them to have seeded by then as well.

We're making a lorry card (mindees dad is a lorry driver!) and will probably make some fudge as well as that should keep.

lubeam
17-05-2013, 04:50 PM
We've planted flowers in an old welly boot here! Had to do it early as we are away for the week before so want to be organised, plus I wanted them to have seeded by then as well.

We're making a lorry card (mindees dad is a lorry driver!) and will probably make some fudge as well as that should keep.

Can I see your lorry card dh is a lorry driver and this would be fantastic for me to looks at ( and pinch please if you don't mind ?! )

kellib
17-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I need ideas too, I only have this week or the week before Father's Day to do things as I'm on holiday in between!

Twinkling Stars
17-05-2013, 05:15 PM
I always get a bit stuck with Father's Day ideas. Last year we made photo frames with their picture inside. :-)

lubeam
17-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm brill at Mother's Day and always fail with Father's Day ! Opps lol :)
Think we're all in same boat! Hopefully some one with some ideas will come along ?! :)

clareelizabeth1
17-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I got some of them cheap canvases one year and had the children run cars up and down them. Made a great picture. I know at least two still have theirs up in their house.

mrstom
18-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Is it really bad if I don't do anything for Father's Day with my youngest mindee? I have until lunchtime on Tuesday (21st May) then I won't be seeing her until the week after Father's Day (combination of my holiday then mindees holiday). It just feels a bit early to be doing anything.

I'll obviously be doing something with my other mindee as I have her the week before Fathers Day x

phoenix2010
18-05-2013, 06:58 AM
when is it , Im panicking now :D

Rick
18-05-2013, 07:07 AM

I thought the exact same thing. June 16th so not imminent. I just realised as well that I will get TWO prezzies from my TWO sons this year. DS number two is not a week old yet :laughing:

maisiemog
18-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Can I see your lorry card dh is a lorry driver and this would be fantastic for me to looks at ( and pinch please if you don't mind ?! )

Yes when we've made it I will upload a photo. I think we will probably do it this week some time! My mindee is almost 5 so can be a bit more complicated! I'm not particularly artistic so won't be anything amazing!

kimnolan87
18-05-2013, 10:28 AM
What makes this harder (had similar problems for Mother's Day) is I have three siblings - so want to make things and cards, but for them not to all be the same :/

lubeam
18-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Yes when we've made it I will upload a photo. I think we will probably do it this week some time! My mindee is almost 5 so can be a bit more complicated! I'm not particularly artistic so won't be anything amazing!

Petshrinklj
19-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking.

Nicola Carlyle
19-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Saw this and think we might do this!

Kes74
19-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Lovely idea Nicola....thanks for sharing! :-)

MessybutHappy
19-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Oooh, gone a bit weepy! I love this!

To the poster with siblings...we did a train, each carriage was a different childs addition to the (very) long card!!

lizduncan72
20-05-2013, 06:36 AM

That's lovely! Might have to steal this idea for my littlest one :)

skatie
22-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Wish there was a 'like' button. I saw on Pinterest or Facebook a beer mug filled with wethers originals and marshmallows on top to look like a beer.

Toothfairy
22-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm struggling to think of something new this year.
In the past we have done, canvases, hand prints in clay, decorated rocks, cup cakes and fudge, bookmarks, pen holders, plants in welly boots etc etc
I'm trying to think of something new.....think, think, think, think.......

littlemiss60561
22-05-2013, 01:18 PM

Aw that's just made me cry! That's lovely and thankyou.. We are now sorted! I may just have to get frames for them. One of my mindies dads is very poorly indeed so this is even more special I think.
We've done the handprint poems for mothers day a few years ago
There are a few different handprint ones online and also in resources

littlemiss60561
22-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Also maybe plain mugs from pound land etc and let them be creative with pens. Stick in a tea bag etc and cellophane up. Or not!
Mother's Day is so simple isn't it lol
Dads on here... What would you love the bestest??

Kirstylob
22-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Last year I bought canvas bags for glasses/sunglasses from Crafty Crocodiles and they decorated them with fabric pens. They are quite cheap to buy and are in this years catalogue.

SYLVIA
22-05-2013, 02:41 PM
We have in the past done paper machie hot air balloons, which they have all still got. Last year we decorated treasure chests and I printed off about 4 photos and the same amount of quotes of things the child had said they love about their dad. So when dad opened the chest he pulled the ribbon up and lifted up all the photos and sayings. Took a while but were well appreciated. This year we are making friendship cakes, I use small tuna tins to bake them in and the children will decorate them. I have to agree that Fathers day is much harder than Mum's day