PDA

View Full Version : Seting up website

Kevin1964
17-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi all hope all you childminders pout there are well. Little update on me still waiting for Ofsted to get back to me on my partner but should be soon. But the reason for this post is do you use a free website or pay website to advertise your Business. If you set it up on a free site which one please all so if it a paid one which one Please

Thanks all

shortstuff
17-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I have advertised on a few free ones and had some contact from them, but no acceptance. However my website which I paid a local small business to design has gained my two good families. Hth

tulip0803
17-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I use webs.com which is free. I come up top on a search of my area:). Most of my families have looked in multiple places (website, childcare.co.uk & FIS) before they come to me.

Pauline on here designs lovely paid for websites Childminders and Childminding Websites (http://childminderswebsites.co.uk/)

lubeam
17-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I was goin to ask Pauline to do mine , but only registered last week and am already full :) so don't think ill bother just yet but her examples look lovely :)

Rick
17-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I use moonfruit which is free for the basic website. You are limited to five photos and 15 pages I think but that was more than enough for me. Definitely worth doing one as you only have to do it once and then minor adjustments after that. Pretty easy too. If I can do it anyone should be able to!

Tazmin68
17-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I put the cost through my books and Pauline does mine and really happy with it.
Deb

chezzagriff
18-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I used google sites and wasnt happy as it looked dull and basic. I now use wix and I am so happy looks quite professional and is free