PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted security token

lisaflynn
16-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Can anyone tell me when you get this? Is it once registered? Or before???

Rick
16-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Can anyone tell me when you get this? Is it once registered? Or before???

It comes with your certificate, along with instructions as to how you fill in your SEF

lisaflynn
16-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Ok I'm really confused then, I received mine today and nit had pre reg visit???!!!!

charlottenash
16-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Do you mean your EY number? I got that as soon as a paid my reg fee to Ofsted before I'd even begun training. I've never heard of it called a security code are you based in England?

lisaflynn
16-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah I'm in England.

I have my ey number but then today I received a letter with a security token code for completing evaluations on their web site!

charlottenash
16-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't have one for those. Very strange! Will have a google tomorrow. It may be for future reference when you are due your pre reg visit.

lisaflynn
16-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Probably.

I'm just confused as so many people have said you don't get it until your registered. I'm thinking a clerical error

Rick
16-05-2013, 10:18 PM
I got a letter from Ofsted with my security token, several pages on how to log in and complete a SEF, certificate and an Ofsted poster to put on my notice board for parents.

lisbet
17-05-2013, 07:38 AM
I got a letter from Ofsted with my security token, several pages on how to log in and complete a SEF, certificate and an Ofsted poster to put on my notice board for parents.

Weird. I didn't get that. Just my certificate, the poster and and a covering letter (nothing about SEF in it.) Has it maybe changed since September?? :confused:

I want to contact them about it so I can get my SEF done, but then on the other hand I don't want to prompt an early inspection! :panic:

Rick
17-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Weird. I didn't get that. Just my certificate, the poster and and a covering letter (nothing about SEF in it.) Has it maybe changed since September?? :confused:

I want to contact them about it so I can get my SEF done, but then on the other hand I don't want to prompt an early inspection! :panic:

Yes mine came after September.

You can log in and save your SEF without actually submitting it. I would suggest doing it in a word processing program first then copy and paste onto the website in case Ofsted lose it somehow!

lisbet
17-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Yes mine came after September.

You can log in and save your SEF without actually submitting it. I would suggest doing it in a word processing program first then copy and paste onto the website in case Ofsted lose it somehow!

Thanks :thumbsup: Do I need the security token to log in though? :confused:

dawn100
17-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I registered after sept but never automatically got sent one even though I was told I should have by my do after searching through all my paperwork I phoned ofsted who confirmed I hadn't been sent and sent me one within a few days.
You can access a downloadable sef without one but to complete it online you need your security token.

Rick
17-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks :thumbsup: Do I need the security token to log in though? :confused:

As Dawn says, yes you do need this. Give Ofsted a ring, they SHOULD be able to help!

lisbet
17-05-2013, 12:06 PM
As Dawn says, yes you do need this. Give Ofsted a ring, they SHOULD be able to help!

I will do, but when I feel a bit more ready to be inspected, lol! Will start filling in the SEF in word.doc though, thanks :)

sing-low
17-05-2013, 12:11 PM
First I've heard of this and I only got my certificate yesterday. Sigh, something else to sort out....

Rick
17-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I will do, but when I feel a bit more ready to be inspected, lol! Will start filling in the SEF in word.doc though, thanks :)

There's nothing stopping you writing it in word or even on the website and just save (not submit). I'm not sure if it's even true that your inspection is brought forward because you have done and submitted a SEF. It's the sort if thing you can't leave till the last minute as it can take a long time!

lisbet
17-05-2013, 03:01 PM
There's nothing stopping you writing it in word or even on the website and just save (not submit). I'm not sure if it's even true that your inspection is brought forward because you have done and submitted a SEF. It's the sort if thing you can't leave till the last minute as it can take a long time!

Yes, that's what I'm going to do :) I know it probably has no bearing on inspection times - I'm just paranoid! :blush: