PDA

View Full Version : Medication taken form

JCrakers
16-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I have a child who has a little eczema on his hands so mum has brought some cream which the dr prescribed. Is basically just like an aqueous cream and I have to apply it once a day before he goes down for his sleep.

She filled out a form last week which said apply everyday etc.etc.

Now, when a child is on any kind of medication I fill out a form for me to keep, parent and myself signs and a form which I put in their diary. So basically a duplicate.

So thurs, fri and today I've filled in six forms..... D you think I need to keep filling a form out everyday just for the application of the cream?
I obviously would for antibiotics,Calpol or any kind of oral medicine and I do for inhalers. But I'm just wondering if I'm filling forms for the sake just for a bit of cream

AliceK
16-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I have a Short Term Medication Form for one off's or 2 / 3 days eg Calpol, Anti-B's etc and then a Long Term form which I would use for something like this. I use a long term medication form for a LO who has asthma.

xxxx

sarah707
16-05-2013, 04:56 PM
I have a long term medication form for children who need cream daily - I get permission then note it in their diary when I have eg put on cream or teething gel.

I then have a form with space for lots of entries - quick note of date, time and administered xx and ask parents to sign each day.

For more serious medication of course it's a form per time - but for emollient creams etc once I have permission I just get on with it.

Hth :D