PDA

View Full Version : Things to have in place before pre-reg visit, help needed please

ds2602
16-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi.
I posted last night regarding fees etc but think it ended up in the wrong place, had a reply though and thank you to that person but not sure if my reply worked.
Anyway I've got some other questions regarding what you have to have in place before the first visit.
Do you have to sort your car insurance for business use before visit?
Do you have to register with the Data controller before visit?
Do you have to have your house absolutely risk free or can you say what you are going to have in place before taking on children?
Do you have to have all your paperwork, contracts, register, accident forms, medication forms etc ( was going to buy from Pacey) in place before Ofsted comes or can you tell them what you are going to get/use (I've done all my policies)?

I've noticed that some people include in their welcome pack how they are going to deliver the EYFS, how long does it have to be and does that just include the learning and development requirements?

Thank you in advance.

sarah707
16-05-2013, 05:09 PM
You need to discuss the questions in this document with your inspector -

Ofsted Pre-Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/ofstedpreregistration.html)

The rest should be in the process of completion / you should know about it.

You'll be fine! Take a breath and stop worrying :D

charlottenash
16-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I had:

Information commissioner cert,
PACEY membership
Public Liability insurance certificate
Crb checks
ID for all adults over 16 who live here
Welcome pack
Risk assessments
Policies and procedures

I had my house risk free and spotless but she didn't check anywhere at all. Also she was lovely dont panic I didn't need to have all of the above but it helps to remove questions they may ask.

I was petrified and it was absolutely fine. Have the kettle ready with a plate of biscuits and relax :)

ds2602
19-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Thank you for your help.