PDA

View Full Version : Electricity off????

littleDs31
16-05-2013, 10:09 AM
The electricity in the street has gone off. I've rang elec board and have got no answers!! It's bin off an hr now. Where do I stand with childminding? Do I need to leave the property until its bac on? How long can things stay in fridge until they are unusable?

tess1981
16-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Just do not open the fridge or freezer if you can but these things are usually sorted quickly
As for leaving the house you don't need to
take this as an learning opportunity depeding on the ages of the children talk about what does not work now like the tv without electric
or snuggle under a blanket reading books

clareelizabeth1
16-05-2013, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't leave. It shouldn't impact on the care of the children. If you are worried well its so beautiful outside have a garden day.

rickysmiths
16-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Or go to the park and treat them out to lunch.

littleDs31
16-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions we have been on an adventure to feed the ducks and watch the trains :) on our way back to see if its back on!! :)

Toothfairy
16-05-2013, 01:02 PM
We had a power cur yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours.
We don't have the TV on during the day and the children bring packed lunches, so I didn't even notice it had gone off until I went to make a cup of tea and found I couldn't boil the kettle :laughing:
We just carried on as normal.

catlyn
16-05-2013, 01:21 PM
hope my electricity doesnt go off today....its freezing outside and we just had a hailstone shower!!!:panic:

Koala
16-05-2013, 01:24 PM
OMG how can you child mind without a telly and kettle for the endless coffee breaks we all have whilst sitting the kids in front of playhouse disney. :laughing:

Only kidding, but its surprising how much we rely on electricity and it can leave you feeling quite vulnerable without it.

I'm sure it won't be off long. Have fun in the sun. :thumbsup:

Petshrinklj
16-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Hope your electricty is back on now. The mention of tea just reminded me I put a brew on ages ok. It'll be cold and stewed now... Urgh For a change lol. Sorry off topic lol

littleDs31
16-05-2013, 01:55 PM
All back on thank goodness! My main concern was the food and no hot water for hand washing or cleaning messy potty, yuk!