PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted have been

debh
16-05-2013, 06:09 AM
We had our inspection yesterday,18 month late. We got a good grade. It was very nerve racking but went well other than We couldn't find crb checks for my assistant and son in law, we have never been asked to produce them before and searched through every file, the inspector said don't worry and she rang through to OFSTED so knew we have them but typically I found them once she had left!! So annoyed with myself as she said she couldn't give outstanding without seeing them .

Chimps Childminding
16-05-2013, 06:18 AM
What a shame about the CRB's but congratulations on getting a good!!! Our inspection was due last April (2012) , so everytime the phone rings I panic it will be Ofsted, on the other hand I would also like to get it out of the way :rolleyes:

Rick
16-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Well done :clapping:
Was it just a hypothetical 'I can't give you outstanding' or did she say you would have got it had she seen crb checks?
Either way excellent result!

Becci26
16-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Well done! :D

hectors house
16-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Well done, what a shame about not being able to find the CRB's - a minder friend of mine had the same problem when a parent asked to see the CRB's for her husband and assistant!

any feedback on what your inspector was "hot" on would be appreciated - other than checking CRB's

Rick
16-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Well done, what a shame about not being able to find the CRB's - a minder friend of mine had the same problem when a parent asked to see the CRB's for her husband and assistant!

any feedback on what your inspector was "hot" on would be appreciated - other than checking CRB's

Still no call Hectors House or are you still avoiding with held numbers?!

bindy
16-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Can you not send her copies? Sometimes I feel they give any poor reason not to give Outstanding and that's a poor reason. My friend was given a chance to send her First Aid cert, because she could not find it, she did find it once she had left and sent it to her. Thats the biggest problem with inspections, just the luck of the draw, wether one gets a good inspector with common sense. she called Ofsted to check, why is she using that as an excuse?

Well done anyway, getting a good these days is hard enough!