PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge?.

nikki thomson
15-05-2013, 09:25 PM
My cm friend has been approached by one of the mums at school to look after her triplets (school age) and younger sibling(goes to play group) for 2 hrs after school and school hols 9-5, now my friend is thinking about it but doesn't know what to charge, obviously there's 4 of them so quite hard work and she has 3 of her own aged 2,9 and 11.
In this area we charge about £4.00 an hr, my friend was thinking £24 a day for after school for the 4 and £80 a day for the 4 in hols can I ask what would you all charge out of interest and my friend would like to know what other cm would charge, many thanks. Xx

Tinkerbell1979
15-05-2013, 09:29 PM
I charge £50 a day for one child here !!!

Velleity
15-05-2013, 09:34 PM
It's £6.00 an hour around here. So that would be £48.00 after school and £192 a day for school holidays!

Never offered a sibling discount before and not inclined to start now so not sure how I'd handle that aspect.

Your friend would be incredibly reasonable at £80.00 for the day for all four, I'd want that for one! :laughing:

MrsP2C
15-05-2013, 09:45 PM
My cm friend has been approached by one of the mums at school to look after her triplets (school age) and younger sibling(goes to play group) for 2 hrs after school and school hols 9-5, now my friend is thinking about it but doesn't know what to charge, obviously there's 4 of them so quite hard work and she has 3 of her own aged 2,9 and 11.
In this area we charge about £4.00 an hr, my friend was thinking £24 a day for after school for the 4 and £80 a day for the 4 in hols can I ask what would you all charge out of interest and my friend would like to know what other cm would charge, many thanks. Xx

I'd charge £60 after school because I have a minimum £15 charge & charge £192 a day for 4 at my rate of £6/hr although might reduce that slightly to get the business if I was keen.

I would advise £40 after school (min £10 isn't unreasonable) and whilst I get offering a discount may win her the business, she could earn £128 if all 4 were different families so IMO would be crackers to drop to £80 which is less than 3 mindees at £4/hr.

lisbet
15-05-2013, 10:00 PM
£4 per hour is the going rate where I am. When parents ask if I do a reduced whole day rate or sibling discount I say "No, because I have set my prices as low as I can go whilst offering the best possible care and early years experiences to each individual child".

miffy
15-05-2013, 10:09 PM
TBH £20 a day each in the holidays seems very cheap - if she was to include food and outings then I would imagine your friend could easily be out of pocket.

Miffy xx

littlemiss60561
15-05-2013, 11:24 PM
I've charged my family of 4 the same the after school club would , plus me getting there and dinners as an extra. Works out about 40 . For all day I do offer sibling discount but only 50p per hour. 4 siblings can be harder than 4 individual sometimes as they can wind each other up far more! I think she's too low, but depends on local rates.

bindy
16-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I charge £6ph. I would give a slight discount for 4, if I wanted the work badly. Don't give discount for full days though. When parents ask me for a discount, I ask how much discount do they offer their employers for working long days. Soon get the message!

Koala
16-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Don't kid yourself your on to a winner with 4 siblings, crikey my 2 sibling squabble, it can be very hard work with siblings, especially older ones they are quite demanding - painting empty boxs and hand prints is no longer enough, they want activities, arts and crafts and that costs money - lots when you need it for 4 plus your own children because you can't leave them out.

In my opinion £20 per day is far too cheap - are you feeding them as well?

My charges are £34.00 pp per day no sibling discount
I dont do wrap around care but if I did it would have to be a minimum of £10 pp per day for the hassle.

Good luck to your friend, she'll need it :thumbsup: