PDA

View Full Version : OutnAbout double* just* too wide - what's similar but slimmer?

MrsP2C
15-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Grrrrrrrr - after weeks of deliberation & test driving various friends' buggies I finally decided on the Nipper OutnAbout (Double) only to discover that at 72cm wide it's 1cm too big for my front door!!!. I have 2 LO's that sleep in the buggy so it must fit through my door & no amount of squeezing through would work :(

Side by side, 71cm wide or less, easy to manoeuvre, good on rougher terrain, lies flat enough for sleeping babies but is ok for older toddlers occasionally - does it even exist???

Velleity
15-05-2013, 09:25 PM
My Baby Jogger ~ City Mini Double is perfect and fits through all doors.

Ooh .. I just checked and it's 75.5cm wide, so no good for you. Do you have a tiny front door?!

lor
15-05-2013, 09:29 PM
I've got the double nipper and I take one of the back wheels off(with sleepers in it) get it through the door and pop wheel back (on hassle I know!)
it has cost me £60 today to relace two wheels and have a couple of really awful experiences stuck on top of hills in the rain trying to get home
other then this I relly love my nippers lol

xx

MrsP2C
15-05-2013, 09:47 PM

Ooh .. I just checked and it's 75.5cm wide, so no good for you. Do you have a tiny front door?!

So it seems lol!!! That was my other choice but knew it would be too wide without even trying :(

miffy
15-05-2013, 10:06 PM
What about this?

Buy your Mountain Buggy Duet Twin Pushchair - Black/Flint reviews from kiddicare.ie | Online baby shop | Nursery Equipment for Ireland (http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_136457_10151)

It's only 63cm wide so should fit through your door easily

Miffy xx

SDC34cr
15-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Yes that's what happened to me.i got a second hand mountain buggy which fits through the door. A bit tatty so when I had two babies starting I thought I'd treat myself to a new buggy. Nippers were on offer in telcos and I had double vouchers too. Brought it,really loved it until the day both fell asleep just before I got home. Couldn't get through the front door had to take wheel off to get it in and ended up waking babies. Can't get it through back gate either so it has to live in the garage.

Supernanny86
16-05-2013, 02:06 AM

This is what I use!! Don't fit through the front door where I work!! But fits normal doors out and about! Except the pound shop exit, which I then have to go back round to entrance to get out!! Don't bother with that anymore!! Fits in my small car (kia picanto) so the width is my only gripe! But I do love it apart from that!! :D

ozzy10
16-05-2013, 02:40 AM
I have out and about and just pop the wheel off if they fall asleep and get it inside that way.

mrs robbie williams
16-05-2013, 05:42 AM
i have nipper out and about and it goes through front door but no further as bannister and radiator in way but we have a porch so i leave it in there, lock porch door, leave front door open if they are sleeping in buggy x

mama2three
16-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I have exactly the same dilemma with 2 babies starting in September who are likely to fall asleep on school runs etc. The duet fits through the door but not into my car boot. The nipper goes in the boot but not through the door!
I think the popping the wheels off option , getting in , then putting them back on , is the only option - but i know it will drive me to distraction!

CLL
16-05-2013, 06:08 AM
I need to buy a double ASAP and just don't know whether to get baby city or out n about? It has been driving me nuts the last few days. I am still undecided.

Has anyone recently bought either and found the cheapest place they are for sale?

watgem
16-05-2013, 07:00 AM
I bought a nipper and had the same, it was too wide for my frontdoor and hallway, so had to buy a maclaren twin techno in the end, not the same I know but does fitxxx

hectors house
16-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Just bought a second hand nipper on ebay last weekend - the blurb on the advert was just taken from website and said it would fit through doors, but obviously wasn't for the model I bought! Tried it out yesterday with a 2 year old and 11 week old grandson, put it up outside door and went out, when I got back grandson asleep, so I got 2 year old out and popped off a wheel and just squeeeeeezed it through - he slept through the experience and for another hour. May have been a little harder if the 2 year old had gone asleep too though. I found the nipper a dream to push compared with my 3 sets of wheels and 3 handle old one, which kills my neck and shoulders and I keep kicking the middle wheel.

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement rain cover for the nipper as the advert forgot to mention that it had a BIG hole in it?

lubeam
16-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Just bought a second hand nipper on ebay last weekend - the blurb on the advert was just taken from website and said it would fit through doors, but obviously wasn't for the model I bought! Tried it out yesterday with a 2 year old and 11 week old grandson, put it up outside door and went out, when I got back grandson asleep, so I got 2 year old out and popped off a wheel and just squeeeeeezed it through - he slept through the experience and for another hour. May have been a little harder if the 2 year old had gone asleep too though. I found the nipper a dream to push compared with my 3 sets of wheels and 3 handle old one, which kills my neck and shoulders and I keep kicking the middle wheel.

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement rain cover for the nipper as the advert forgot to mention that it had a BIG hole in it?

EBAY :) I got mine off eBay any way or if not amazon , bit more pricey on there thou :)

MrsP2C
16-05-2013, 12:50 PM
What about this?

Buy your Mountain Buggy Duet Twin Pushchair - Black/Flint reviews from kiddicare.ie | Online baby shop | Nursery Equipment for Ireland (http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_136457_10151)

It's only 63cm wide so should fit through your door easily

Miffy xx

I got all excited about this until I read the reviews which were average at best :(. Thanks anyway & if they can make one 63cm there must be another option that fits through my 71cm gap!! I'm going to borrow my friend's again & try removing the wheel & see how that works but as it would be every morning (lo sleeps on school run) it sounds a bit of a faff.

hectors house
16-05-2013, 02:08 PM
I got all excited about this until I read the reviews which were average at best :(. Thanks anyway & if they can make one 63cm there must be another option that fits through my 71cm gap!! I'm going to borrow my friend's again & try removing the wheel & see how that works but as it would be every morning (lo sleeps on school run) it sounds a bit of a faff.

I am not technically minded but pressing a little red button to release the wheel was far easier than putting buggy up and down.

CLL
16-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I have been to my local pram shop today and 'tested' all of the double buggies. I was not that impressed with the mountain buggy, a bit of a faff to change seat positions and lo kept banging feet of the metal trim. The out n about was not too great either a bit too much plastic for my liking and the seats looked very fussy. However the baby jogger was fab, pushed with ease and looked great. So now my mind us made up I just have to decide whether to look on eBay for one or splash out and buy one new,