PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown!

lor
15-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Had a meltdown at the kitchen sink-burst into tears poor sister and neice (assistants)had to take over
think it was a combination of screaming kids home a mess having to buy a new wheel (£30)getting half way up the road to find out I've got another flat tyre (different wheel)wondering why I'm doing the job I don't seem to have a minute to myself or to spend with my kids constant paper work, please can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong -surely it shouldn't be like this,
Sorry nothing important just wanted to get it off my chest xx

Becci26
15-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Oh Hun,

Sorry u've had a bad day! How many children do u care for?
Do your assistants give u a hand with the paperwork at all? And when do u do it? Can u do some of it during the day if ur leaving it until the evenings?

Hugs to you, tomoro is another day :) xx

The Juggler
15-05-2013, 06:33 PM
hugs honey. We've all had days like this I promise. I've had quite a number over my 8 1/2 years in this job.

Use it as a time to sit down and see what you can change to make it better. Cutting down hours, numbers of children you mind. Just having LO's and no after schoolers (or vice versa), maybe working term time only, a cleaner (if you can afford one).

More help from hubby/partner or a good friend. If no-one, get the kids to help tidy before the end of the day when they leave, so it's only a hoover and wipe down needed by you after they've gone.

hope you are ok. treat yourself to a glass of vino :thumbsup:

funemnx
15-05-2013, 06:38 PM
HUGS :group hug:

I don't know if it helps but we all have those times when everything is just too much. At least the forum understands this feeling - sometimes it helps just to get it off your chest. Think of some changes you can make and if you still feel the same in a week or 2 make those changes, be it reducing numbers and not having assistants or changing the ages of children you mind xx

SJ35
15-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Hope you're ok? I've had one day like this so far, many that have come close lol! On my bad day dh popped back from work to find me with a 9 month old, a 15month old and an 18 month old all crying very loudly! All teething and with colds bless them!
I was just about holding myself together but then dh asked if I was ok and I just sobbed that I couldn't do this job and I was rubbish etc.
he made me a cup of tea, and we discussed what to do. I ended up moving one of them to a different day so that i only had two at any one time.
Tomorrow's another day, how do you do your paperwork? Are you trying to do too much maybe? X

winstonian
15-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I once burst into tears at a playgroup in front of 2 of my mummies. My assistant had just announced she was leaving and i didnt know what to do but its all worked out, as these things always do.
Do you feel any better now?

phoenix2010
15-05-2013, 06:51 PM
I had a terrible day on Monday , thought it would never end and was in a foul mood from beginning to end

we all have days like it

Im guessing as you have two assistants that you have a lot of children and hence a lot of paperwork

If you feel like this a lot would it be worth scaling it back and having less ?

Perhaps your love for the job has got lost as your business has grown

I like having 3 children , anymore than that and I stop enjoying it

step11
15-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Iv done the same! Happens alot. Hugs

stargazer1
15-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I had one today over a balloon - completely irrational but sometimes tiredness/sheer flippin exhaustion, upset children, endless paperwork gets too much. I've got in a habit now of every time I have a bad day, I list the pros and cons of this job - pros have always won so far.

Chin up and grab a glass of wine xxx

merry
15-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Good advice from everyone else, what I do when I feel like this is to write down what the problems are, the act of putting it down on paper really makes me think through ideas of what I can do to improve things. I've hugely reduced paperwork and simplified meals, both of which have saved me lots of time. Okay so I won't get graded outstanding or win any childminder of the year awards:laughing: but the children are happy, parents are happy and I'm happy, that's good enough for me.
Hope you have a better day tomorrow
:)

The Juggler
15-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Good advice from everyone else, what I do when I feel like this is to write down what the problems are, the act of putting it down on paper really makes me think through ideas of what I can do to improve things. I've hugely reduced paperwork and simplified meals, both of which have saved me lots of time. Okay so I won't get graded outstanding or win any childminder of the year awards:laughing: but the children are happy, parents are happy and I'm happy, that's good enough for me.
Hope you have a better day tomorrow
:)

that is wha;)t SHOULD win you outstanding and cm of the year

lor
15-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Have had a bath,talked to my girls and phoned hubbie (works nights sometimes its a good thing sometimes not lol)
have read all your lovely posts and feel so much better, I am going to take on board all your suggestions and see what I can tweak
would love to work less days with less kids but my sister gave up her job to join me and my niece has a little one of her own to support and sometimes
I think its not how many(we work with between 5-6 1yr to 3yrs and no after schoolers)but who and what their mood is on the day.
Think I might get niece to help with paper work and hubbie to help with cleaning my sister already does so much for me regarding my girls.
Thanks again for taking the time to post it really has made me feel better I truly think unless you're doing the job you cant appreciate how hard it is.

ps dont think this weather is helping!

xxx