View Full Version : Emergency care for twins

15-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I have just had a call from my local childrens centre asking if I can provide emergency cover for 3 month twins whos mum has broken her arm...I work with my DD who is my assistant and we already have a 7 month baby....am I right thinking all I need to do is a risk massesment covering how we will look after 3 under ones if the days overlap??
What about contracts?? emergency permissions? record sheets?? will these need to be filled in?? The lady that rang wasnt even aware of Ofsteds regs regarding numbers until i told her!!

mrs robbie williams
15-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I have done emergency work for social services before and they weren't keen in doing paperwork for me however I didn't meet the parents at any stage so am guessing as ur parent has broken arm u will be dealing direct with her so I would do my normal new parent paperwork and get her to read and sign

15-05-2013, 05:25 PM
The rules say you can change the conditions of your registration for continuity of care in exceptional circumstances.

The rules do not allow for you taking on 2 under 1 for new business - only continuity of care.

The 'exceptional circumstances' rule is ok - but not the new business.

Also if you already have a 7 month old that would give you 3 under 1 which is not allowed either - it's 1 under 1 or 2 under 1 in exceptional circumstances for continuity of care.

I think I am answering you right and I have read your post right but it's been a long day x

15-05-2013, 11:21 PM
As you have an assistant wouldn't you be ok? On my original certificate we were registered for 2 under ones when working with assistant. I'd check with ofsted just to clarify

16-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Sarah....I work with my DD as my assistant....can we not care for 3 under ones if one set are twins??? , confused now????