PDA

View Full Version : Possible job

tori4
15-05-2013, 09:48 AM
One of my long term mindiees had triplets brother and sister last yr. mum in the process of planning on going bk to work.

She is looking into nanny for all 4 of em - x3 12 hr days. To help cover bedtimes etc

Am I crazy to consider giving up other 4 families and applying?

They are lovely family and LO has been with me since 9mnths now 2 1/2.

Unfortunately I couldn't do it along side any of the other families cause of hours required and numbers etc. so would have to give them all notice .

But I could possible earn a reasonable amount for x3 long days rather then x5 days 7am-7pm with x3 children each day.

Answers on a postcard pls ;-?

CLL
15-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I have no idea! If you were a nanny in their home then you would have to follow their rules, which maybe very different to how you would run things. I guess it would also be less money and no tax relief as they would be employing you. But on the plus Side it may be less paperwork and your house would be you own again and you would get 2 days off! Do you have the feeling she wants you to do it? If yes ask her about it and see what the terms are.

KatieFS
15-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Sorry if this sounds nosey but is it less or more for nanny jobs? Just wondering really

AliceK
15-05-2013, 01:21 PM
IF I give up childminding (and some days that is a very tempting thought) I would go back to being a nanny.
The thought of getting my house back is VERY VERY appealing.
xxxxxx

phoenix2010
15-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I nannied for a while as I waited for my registration to come through

I didnt like working in someone elses home , but if you know the family really well , and feel comfortable around them

triplets will be super hard though

plus you are relying entirely on one family for your income , whereas the risk is spread when you mind

I think you should follow your heart , but Im always a head person

munch149
15-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Nannying tends to range from 7-12 pounds an hour but I would expect top rates for triplets. All depends on what your looking for from your job really. Maybe do a list of positives and negatives for both roles

The Juggler
15-05-2013, 01:46 PM
sounds good to me :D your house stays clean, same money for x 3 days as for x 5days (or near enough).

only downside is if you get notice then you are with no income

rickysmiths
15-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Funny, I have a little boy and had him from 8 mths, mum had another one last April and didn't want to pay a retainer but kept him at Day Nursery the one day a week because she had to to keep the place :rolleyes:

Anyhow they were supposed to come back to me 4 days a week in the Oct. We had a couple of meetings and they offered me the job of Nanny! They offered me £25,000 gross, for four days a week from 8am to 6.30pm. I turned them down.

This is why.

I became a childminder so I could be at home with my children, ok they are now 18 and 20 but my 18 year old started his last year at school in Sept, A Levels and Uni applications and I wanted to be around for that and why wouldn't I? I have been around and at home since the day he was born.

I do get a lot of my jobs done during the day around what I do with the children in my care. They usually have a sleep at some point and I get our dinner ready when I do theirs so I would really find it odd to 'go out' to work.

Lastly I can earn more as a childminder.

jackie 7
15-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I worked as a nanny. If childminding went badly there are jobs where you earn £1000 a week. The draw back is they are in Russia. Your friend is your boss. You hardly go out oc the compound. Being single and having worked for some truly crazy families I could do it. But here no way!

The Juggler
15-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Funny, I have a little boy and had him from 8 mths, mum had another one last April and didn't want to pay a retainer but kept him at Day Nursery the one day a week because she had to to keep the place :rolleyes:

Anyhow they were supposed to come back to me 4 days a week in the Oct. We had a couple of meetings and they offered me the job of Nanny! They offered me £25,000 gross, for four days a week from 8am to 6.30pm. I turned them down.

This is why.

I became a childminder so I could be at home with my children, ok they are now 18 and 20 but my 18 year old started his last year at school in Sept, A Levels and Uni applications and I wanted to be around for that and why wouldn't I? I have been around and at home since the day he was born.

I do get a lot of my jobs done during the day around what I do with the children in my care. They usually have a sleep at some point and I get our dinner ready when I do theirs so I would really find it odd to 'go out' to work.

Lastly I can earn more as a childminder.

good point about being around for your children Ricky. OP could you take your children with you to this job, or not?

tori4
15-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies just worked out the numbers and with the possible increase in hr in september form current families I could b working x4 LO four days a week and upto 50 hrs a week. BUT for dbl the monthly take home.

Or

I could nanny for approx 30 hrs a week and earn as much as I am now ...

I finish at 2pm x3 days a week :-))

I would think I could still do sch pick up with my own children but hubby will have to do sch drop off and dinner twice a week BUT then I will have 2 wholes days of a week and one sch hours only day.

Oooooo so very tempting but I dnot like the idea of letting the other families down :-/

It's hard cause in one hand we will have a better home life (cleaner house no early morning or late guests) but on the other hand I won't b abt x2 days a week for my own boys :-?

Arrrgh .... It's daft cause I haven't even suggested it to her yet but want to make sure I'm up for it b4 I mention it.

Thank you all for being such a gr8 sounding board. :-)