PDA

View Full Version : advice please

adele1985
15-05-2013, 09:34 AM
at the moment i only have 3 children

5 year old mindee comes to me 3 mornings a week before school and normally 2 full days in the holidays

4 year old mindee comes to me 2 full days a week ( i drop off and collect ffrom afternoon nursery) in the holidays she comes the same 2 full days

5 year old mindee comes as and when and only pays for when needed - once sessions are booked they need to be paid for regardless if they use them or not

at the moment only charge for when they need me in the holidays so if they dont need me they dont pay

how does everyone charge for the holidays

im thinking of changing it so parents need to pay for the regular hours they use in the holidays - for example 5 year old mindee comes to me every wednesday and thursday in the hols but if they dont need me one week then they dont pay i want to change this so they need to pay regarless of it they need me or not

does this sound reasonable - what does everyone do im getting a bit confused just thinking about it

Chimps Childminding
15-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Currently I only charge half when parents are on holiday, but my parents (all 2 of them :rolleyes:) have all been with me for a long time. With any new parents the rule will be if I'm available to work they pay in full, regardless of holidays, sick etc. If my service isn't available, ie I am on holiday, sick, then no fee is payable!! I chose not to work Bank Holidays, so don't charge for them!!

I know this is how a lot of CM work, and it seems to be a simple solution to me!!!

Goatgirl
15-05-2013, 09:59 AM
hi,
Yes, as you are keeping those days free for the family to use, then it is reasonable that you should want to be paid for them. Unless you have agreed something else: then they may be a bit miffed to suddenly have extra charges thrust on them.

In your position I would explain that you need to charge as he's an under 8 and taking up a space. If they take it badly, perhaps you could have a compromise ready: 1/2 fees for the days unused, topped up to full fees if they want to use them perhaps. Or offer a higher rate per hour for him (work this out before though, or you may end up worse off!). good luck :thumbsup:

adele1985
15-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Currently I only charge half when parents are on holiday, but my parents (all 2 of them :rolleyes:) have all been with me for a long time. With any new parents the rule will be if I'm available to work they pay in full, regardless of holidays, sick etc. If my service isn't available, ie I am on holiday, sick, then no fee is payable!! I chose not to work Bank Holidays, so don't charge for them!!

I know this is how a lot of CM work, and it seems to be a simple solution to me!!!

this is exactly how i work in term time o charge full for booked sessions that arnt used for example if they are poolry or on holiday

i dont charge for time im not available and i dont charge for bank holidays

do u do the same as above all year round including holidays

the mindees i have will be coming to me only before and afterchool but full days in the holidays

lynnecowan
15-05-2013, 10:31 AM
I charge half for hols as i found that parents are unlikely to book hols in if they have to pay full and you will never get any much needed time off!

katickles
15-05-2013, 12:40 PM
I have a child similar to your 5year old.
I get my hours monthly as depends on dads hours.
If her place isnt used for any reason but is a day invoiced for - no refund.
If her place isnt used due to me being sick etc - full refund.
As for holidays - again I get hours that include holidays, if not needed I dont charge, if needed I do :)

The way I see it if you are refusing other children on the off chance of this child being with you - you need to sort a payment arrangement that works for you & the parents of the child who does sometimes come to you as you are out of work/pocket x

lynncjt
16-05-2013, 07:23 AM
In this situation I give parents 2 choices:

1. Pay for the space whether you use it or not and I keep the space for your child.

2. Offer Pay as you Go, Only pay for the space if you use but at £1 per hour more and I may not have a space available. Payment is due when the space is booked.

bunyip
16-05-2013, 08:13 AM
In this situation I give parents 2 choices:

1. Pay for the space whether you use it or not and I keep the space for your child.

2. Offer Pay as you Go, Only pay for the space if you use but at £1 per hour more and I may not have a space available. Payment is due when the space is booked.

This is pretty much what I do too. :thumbsup:

jackie 7
16-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I charge full for parents and half for my holidays.

jackie 7
16-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Sorry sent early. So I charge full when parents take their hol and half fort hol. Nurseries charge 50-51 weeks a year. I tell parents as long as possible when I am away so they can plan around me. They se happy about it.

lynnecowan
29-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Good idea of P A Y G at £1 extra! X