PDA

View Full Version : Wild mice

Kiddleywinks
15-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Ok, there we were, happily eating our tea last night, when outside in the garden, we saw a little mouse run across the decking!

"RAT!!" screams child A
"It's gonna eat me" screams younger child B

Spent the next hour and a half trying to convince them both it was actually a field mouse from the woods behind us and NOT a rat!

Nature day today I think, and a trip to the local pet shop

and hope and pray it doesn't come back anytime soon :eeeek:

Tazmin68
15-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Due to hubby keeping fishing tackle in garage he brought some back in his bags and by the time we noticed had loads. Had made a nest in a baseball cap. I had two friendly mouse traps and caught over 20 and released them over the park. The children were fascinated especially as the recommended bait is snickers

doris127
15-05-2013, 06:56 AM
We spotted a field mouse a few weeks ago running up the tree, along the branch and into the bird feeder. So the kids have been watching for the mouse. Talk about nature in action - we looked out last week to see a sparrowhawk on the patio with our little mouse struggling in its talons - then the dog barked and it flew off carrying the little mouse with it. My mindees were a bit cross I hadn't saved the mouse but had a great story to tell when we went to nursery!