PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave and contracts

tiredandemotional
14-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi,
I am due to go on maternity leave in July and will be taking the full 39 weeks. Does anyone know if I should officially give notice and end the contracts of my mindees? All the parents now know that I will be taking the time off, I have supplied them with other CM's details and said that although I would love to have them back I don't expect it as I know the children may get settled on another setting. Would it be a good idea to end their contracts and start new ones if they do come back? I would want to tweak a few things anyway once start back - I have learnt a lot in the past 18 months!

Many thanks in advance.

LittleRhino
15-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Hi, I have only been minding 5 weeks but we are looking to be having a baby next year. I will only take a short time off lol. For you I think it would be best to end contracts especially if you would want to tweek them anyway. I am looking that my contracts will be reviewed every year incase of any changes needed, and with you beeing off for nearly that amount I would end them as you said its not garenteed they will come back even if you do have a contract x Hope this helps x