PDA

View Full Version : Schemas

kp0781
14-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Up to what age roughly would you observe and record schemas? I have a 3.5yr old who has recently returned to me after mat leave and she is showing a enveloping schema which i have noted in her LJ and accounted for in hed planning. Any thoughts ?? Thanks

sarah707
14-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Enveloping schemas are very common with girls (not being sexist, just making an observation) who like to wrap up their dollies and sit under blankets to play.

Normally the first visible schemas (again making an observation) are little boys - aged about 1 - who lob everything in sight round the room :laughing: Trajectory schemas are very popular with little boys :laughing:

My friend Lucy's site is lovely - Information on schemas (http://lucy-locket.com/schema.html) :D

SJ35
14-05-2013, 08:24 PM
My friend Lucy's site is lovely - Information on schemas (http://lucy-locket.com/schema.html) :D[/QUOTE]

This has actually helped make sense of the schemas for me. Really good clear information!
Thanks x

BattyNora
14-05-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure. My DD showed signs of transportation schema from 12 months, literally since she could move herself, and she still does.

supermumy
14-05-2013, 08:45 PM
That's a fab piece to explain it

sarah707
14-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure. My DD showed signs of transportation schema from 12 months, literally since she could move herself, and she still does.

Lots of young children transport - and continue transporting throughout their early years.

It makes for a very messy playroom :laughing: and quite often conflict if they want to take every box outside and put it in the den :rolleyes:

I have a transporter at the moment and she makes little piles of toys all over the playroom - she doesn't want to play with them, just take them from a to b.

We provide her with baskets and bags and let her follow her interest. She is learning about capacity, size, weight, negotiation, sharing... so much learning! :D

kp0781
14-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks. What do you think about upper ages?