PDA

View Full Version : Do you do this?

tigwig
14-05-2013, 01:31 PM
I mind a 3yr old who I drop off at pre school. Unfortunately this morning my 3yr old and him were arguing and my child lashed out and scratched him quite badly on the cheek. When I dropped him off at pre school I had to fill out an incident form. Made me feel even worse! Now I have never done this and would only do it if a child arrived having suspicious bruising. Obviously I take note if parents inform me of any marks on their child but I have never yet asked anyone to fill in a form about it. Was this OTT or should I do that too?

JCrakers
14-05-2013, 01:35 PM
They need to cover their backs just to prove it didn't happen while the child was with them.

You could turn round and say, that wasnt there this morning and they would have to explain how it appeared. With an incident form signed they have proof that the scratch was there before he arrived.

:)

I do them occasionally, should do them more really

AliceK
14-05-2013, 01:36 PM
I mind a 3yr old who I drop off at pre school. Unfortunately this morning my 3yr old and him were arguing and my child lashed out and scratched him quite badly on the cheek. When I dropped him off at pre school I had to fill out an incident form. Made me feel even worse! Now I have never done this and would only do it if a child arrived having suspicious bruising. Obviously I take note if parents inform me of any marks on their child but I have never yet asked anyone to fill in a form about it. Was this OTT or should I do that too?

I do if it's a mark on the face so if a child arrived at mine with a scratch like that I would fill in an Existing Injury Form and get parent to sign it. I had a LO with an obvious bruise on his forehead the other week and I did the same. It's protecting me from false allegations is the way I look at it.

xxx

tigwig
14-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Yeah I get why they did it. Just seems extreme I suppose but then again after some of the parents I've had in the past you never know!!