PDA

View Full Version : My LA getting less helpful

JCrakers
14-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I live in leics and offer funding to 3/4 yr olds. I had to match a criteria to be able to receive the funding, had to have an inspection from the early years team (two people inspected, it was worse than ofsted..) I had to have a good from ofsted, level 3 in childcare and they gave me a few things that they would like to see, so more work on my behalf. I had to do an improvement plan for the year, a business plan to show how sustainable I was and I had to rate myself on a scale. If I didn't score a 1 or 2 In each area i had to say what I was going to do to reach a 1.

Well, I've had a few questions recently about funding etc and have contacted the lady who came to visit numerous times, via email, she's either taken about 5 days to respond or on two occasions not even responded at all. I've rang in and she's still not rang back.

I find it difficult to phone during working hours as I have 4 under 5 most days and its always quite noisy, when i do ring I've been told someone will ring back but they haven't. They've always been really helpful in the past, answered emails pretty quickly or even rang me after an email I've sent. They wanted a lot from me but have slackened off on the help.

I'm beginning to think they're taking a back seat......which is unnerving. We all know about the changes but it seems to be reality when people who were so helpful now can't give a monkeys!!

natalieatk
14-05-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm wanting more info on the funded places and what work it involves could you tell me of its worth it!
Iv omits ted my la so waiting for a meeting about it! Not sure if its worth the hassle? Is it more work x

JCrakers
14-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Each LA will ask for different things. Mine was quite a faff to set up but once its going its no more work, but I do get 1p less an hour than my hourly rate.

I'm glad I went through with it because otherwise I would have lost two children to preschool, but I would have been asked to take and pick up so wouldn't have been able to fill spaces, leaving me with less money.
It was mum of my 3 yr old mindee that asked me to do it, I nearly gave up at the first hurdle (the business plan) because it seemed pointless. How can I say how sustainable I am when things change so quickly? yes I'm full now but I could be empty in 4 months time.
But I put my head down and did it through gritted teeth, and its done.

sarah707
14-05-2013, 05:25 PM
A lot of members are reporting the same problems. There is also a lot of concern about accepting the 2 year funding if we don't have any support on hand when it is needed.

The forum will be really important to offer us the support we are going to need in the future :D