PDA

View Full Version : Garden!!!! And getting a grant??

jax clinch
14-05-2013, 10:22 AM
We have an area of garden which is used for the playhouse, sand pit, veggie plot, swings, slides, water tray, mud area and up until recently part of the area had matting around it but the wind kept blowing them up and then the new dog chewed them so we are left with bare patches of mud and small tufts of grass. Have been thinking about wood chipping the area but then seen some pictures of artificial grass. Not sure what to do, whatever I do it isn't going to be cheap because the area I'd 9m x 10m. Has anyone had a grant for doing such work? And from people's experience am I better going doing the artificial grass route or wood chips... Or any other suggestions?? Thanks

Petshrinklj
14-05-2013, 10:30 AM
In my last house I laid artificial grass and loved it. I can't do it where i live now it would cost too much. It's such low maintenance no mud problems. It's great. But it is expensive especially if you dont want it to look 'fake' my grass looked good and most people couldnt tell. also Undermine I had put a thick shock pad too which was awesome if my kids fell over etc.

I miss my fake grass lol.

Woodchip would be cheaper option I think. Although kids will play with depends if your bothered by that.

Goodluck with your decision

Tazmin68
14-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I was very lucky as a few years ago when the old gov were in power there was a grant called capital funding to improve the outcomes of children. I had artificial turf, laptop for older ones and a wooden playhouse. Even now I think I would save and put it through the books if the opportunity rose and I had not got it done.

watgem
14-05-2013, 11:55 AM
by woodchip do you mean playbark? we had that and unfortunately the local cats saw it as a giant litter tray :(