PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance

Banana
04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Im going to be needing insurance.

Can anyone tell me if its essential to use motor minder if you are a childminder? I havnt had a quote from them as yet, i have had some from other companies and have got some resonable ones (for phantom cars that i dont own yet lol but will on sunday). Are motor minder much more expensive? Also - for those of you who dont use them can you recommend any companies? Also do I have top be fully comp?

Thanks all

xx

Pauline
04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
You can use any insurance company provided that they will cover you for business use.

The rest is up to you :)

I would shop around if I were you, perhaps try one of those online price comparison sites, you might get a bargain.

Good luck

venus89
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
All I can tell you is it's not essential to use motor minder - I use diamond and have business insurance and as far as I know that's absolutely fine

Pauline
04-07-2008, 03:42 PM
P.S. we recently changed insurance and are now with SAGA - what does that tell you? :laughing:

sarah707
04-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I use Morton Michel and they were competitive for both cars.

Enjoy car shopping :D

Banana
04-07-2008, 03:52 PM
lol Pauline! it tells me you got a good deal ;)

Thanks all. Im glad its not essntial to use them, I was worried was going to be paying over the odds.
x

squiggle
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
my car insurance is with diamond and they have always been reasonable.

Jen x

littlesprogs
04-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Motor minder are useless for young drivers with no no claims! they quoted me over £2000 where as everyone else was closer to £1000!

I would never have anything less than fully comp just in case especially with you being a new driver. Although 3rd party is legal cover but if you intend on using your car for minding i would recomend fully comp!

try using www.confused.com they search most places for you apart from direct line. Also tesco are normally quite good for young drivers. We are with kwik fit at the minute and are really good they gave us a free MOT and were cheapest.