PDA

View Full Version : Gove attacks Clegg over his stance on ratio reforms

Simona
13-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Gove believes Clegg is against ratio reforms because he is in trouble and trying to fend off a leadership bid by Vince Cable...
This is scary...Cable is my MP and he backs a lot of childcare proposals including the tax breaks
Having met him and written to him 3 times I think he would prove a formidable ally to Truss as he would back the reforms

It is utterly despicable how politicians are playing to their advantage

Michael Gove: Nick Clegg only blocking our childcare reforms to stop a Vince Cable coup - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/10052025/Michael-Gove-Nick-Clegg-only-blocking-our-childcare-reforms-to-stop-a-Vince-Cable-coup.html)

The Juggler
13-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Gove believes Clegg is against ratio reforms because he is in trouble and trying to fend off a leadership bid by Vince Cable...
This is scary...Cable is my MP and he backs a lot of childcare proposals including the tax breaks
Having met him and written to him 3 times I think he would prove a formidable ally to Truss as he would back the reforms

It is utterly despicable how politicians are playing to their advantage

Michael Gove: Nick Clegg only blocking our childcare reforms to stop a Vince Cable coup - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/10052025/Michael-Gove-Nick-Clegg-only-blocking-our-childcare-reforms-to-stop-a-Vince-Cable-coup.html)

a leadership challenge would hopefully take some time Simona. Let's hope so given what you have said above. On Clegg, he may have ulterior motives for making a stance against Truss but to be honest, I don't care, he's pretty much the only MP in the coalition who has spoken up and we need someone :panic::panic: Sometimes a personal motive can mean a person will really fight for whatever cause it is they are using to save their political name so I would hope that will only work to our advantage :thumbsup:

Simona
13-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I agree we do need someone to speak up against the ratios but my worry remains the agencies ...no one is really coming out on them and we are just 3 months away from all these changes

Much coverage in the media today saying Clegg is not being challenged for the leadership...if that's so then we need to use him to back our campaign.

Looks like to me that all parties are very much embroiled in disagreement