PDA

View Full Version : Nurseries and cms to come under scrutiny...new reserach

Simona
12-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Another load of money wasted on finding out something we already know...that early years education benefits children!

Day nurseries and childminders to come under scrutiny from new Government research (http://www.daynurseries.co.uk/news/article.cfm/id/1559754/day-nurseries-and-childminders-to-come-under-scrutiny-from-new-government-research)

sarah707
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
FIVE MILLION POUNDS :eek: to tell us what we already know :panic: From a Govt which is telling us they don't have any money :(

Cross now :(

lizann
12-05-2013, 06:25 PM
dont know how Govt got the nerve when they say there is no money makes me sooooooooo angry

lisbet
12-05-2013, 06:28 PM
FIVE MILLION POUNDS :eek: to tell us what we already know :panic: From a Govt which is telling us they don't have any money :(

Cross now :(

This! ^ :veryangry:

I suspect that this research may be 'new' in the sense that unlike all the other research on the subject (EPPE, OECD etc), the organisations commissioned to undertake this study will be happy to produce 'evidence' to fit what government wants to hear. :mad:

Stapleton83
12-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Unbelievable why don't they use the £5m to do something proactive and impactful rather than hiring a bunch of consultants to tell them something they already know.

What an utter utter wast of money!

Sam x

Simona
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Something interesting I heard at the conference yesterday...there is money...about £600bn...the important thing is where and how it is spent!

I would say the DfE has been the most wasteful with their CCommission (buried somewhere) consultations (they take no notice of), research (either ignored or like Prof Penn's they dare not publish till the end), funding this and that (useless schemes that only serve their purpose but would have funded the Free Entitlement twice over) and robbing Peter to give to Paul...

someone ought to hold them accountable?