PDA

View Full Version : Contents Insurance

AliceK
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Does anyone use Morton Michel for their house contents insurance?
I have been with Co-operative for the past 2 years but they don't include accidental damage and also don't cover laptops which I found to my cost when my cat tipped tea all over mine. Have been getting quotes the past few days and had one from BlueFin which sounded pretty good and then MM came back to me after I emailed them and gave me a quote which seems really really good. I'm going to e-mail them tomorrow to clarify and confirm a couple of things but you know when you think something is too good to be true??? I use MM for my car and childminding insurance already.

xxxxx

sarah707
12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I used MM last year - their quote was too high this year so I went to Churchill - but I will ask them to quote again next year :D

QualityCare
12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I am with MM this year as they gave the best quote.

jackie 7
12-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I am with mm. Didn't realise I could go with other companies. Will do more research this year.

nikki thomson
12-05-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm with Churchill they were £350 cheaper than lloyds who we were with. X

Daisy1956
12-05-2013, 09:53 PM
I am with mm have made two claims in last 8 years. Specs broken by cm child and three years a go claim for candle with fell on to carpet. Both claims dealt with promptly. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

AliceK
13-05-2013, 08:19 AM
I am with mm have made two claims in last 8 years. Specs broken by cm child and three years a go claim for candle with fell on to carpet. Both claims dealt with promptly. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Oh now thats good to hear. It's always good to know that if you need to claim they deal with things well. Thanks for that :thumbsup:

xxx

Simona
13-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Can those who are insured with Churchill clarify if they cover cms and accidental damage?

I would be interested too in looking elsewhere

Also does anyone use a car insurer other than the one via ncma and do they cover cms and business use?
all part of financial planning for September!!
Thank you

AliceK
13-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Can those who are insured with Churchill clarify if they cover cms and accidental damage?

I would be interested too in looking elsewhere

Also does anyone use a car insurer other than the one via ncma and do they cover cms and business use?
all part of financial planning for September!!
Thank you

I use MM for my car insurance. Granted they are not the cheapest but they were the only ones who could guarantee me a 7 seater loan car should I ever need one. Got caught out before when I had a 2litre car and my loan car was a 796cc. At the time I was travelling from the midlands to berkshire every day for work. Can you imagine trying to get up the hills on the M40 in a car with a 796cc engine :panic:

xxxx