PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone - which network

It's a small world
12-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi looking at changing my phone network and just wondered who was with who and opinions !
Im currently with O2 and no longer get unlimited which can be a pain. Pay £36 free texts and i think 500 mins, but noticed other networks have better offers .
If you don't mind telling me your monthly charges and limits etc. understand if no one wants to share i just find word of mouth is always helpful x

FussyElmo
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Im with EE for £26 I get unlimited texts, 600 minutes, 500mb of Internet.

doris127
12-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Talk - which is thru the carphone warehouse - £7.50 a month. 5000 texts, 500 mb a month and 200 minutes.

shortstuff
12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
I would say first priority to look at is reception in the area you live in. With some networks it is still not brilliant. Next on the list would be the tariff that suits you the best and lastly the handset.

Chatterbox Childcare
12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
1 am with 3 - £20 per month 5000 3 to 3 calls - unlimited texts and internet (and it is unlimited - no cap) and 5000 calls. I never go over.

When it came to renewal, I kept the contract going and brought an iphone so I have the benefits of both at a good price

phoenix2010
12-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Im with Vodaphone , have been for 10 years , never have a problem getting signal and I travel all over UK

I pay £10 pm for unlimited texts and 60 mins of calls , £5 for unlimited internet

plus came with a £90 phone and £50 cash back

I went through Dialaphone and Topcashback

It's a small world
12-05-2013, 03:50 PM
1 am with 3 - £20 per month 5000 3 to 3 calls - unlimited texts and internet (and it is unlimited - no cap) and 5000 calls. I never go over.

When it came to renewal, I kept the contract going and brought an iphone so I have the benefits of both at a good price

This is what we are looking at and the network coverage is good in our area :-)

loocyloo
12-05-2013, 04:00 PM
i'm with vodafone and just got a new phone ( samsung galaxy mini ( i think! )

my contract is £25/month, 500mins calls ( i never use anywhere near that amount ) unlimited text and there is a cap on internet usage - but i can't remember what - but the chap looked at my usuage for the past 2 yrs and i've never been anywhere near that limit before!

vodafone has the best coverage for my area. DH is with O2 and its not so good!

FussyElmo
12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I would say first priority to look at is reception in the area you live in. With some networks it is still not brilliant. Next on the list would be the tariff that suits you the best and lastly the handset.

So thats where I went wrong. Handset first then tarriff then coverage was the way I choose. But I really wanted the samsung 3 at the time and this was the best deal I got

The Juggler
12-05-2013, 04:17 PM
i'm with Virgin. £15/month with my blackberry I get free calls to other virgin users, so many minutes I never use them, good data usage (never use it all) and unlimited texts. Also get free lost/stolen/accident insurance with that.

Normally £20 but I have tv/phone/broadband so got a discount.

shortstuff
12-05-2013, 05:14 PM
So thats where I went wrong. Handset first then tarriff then coverage was the way I choose. But I really wanted the samsung 3 at the time and this was the best deal I got

Lol yeah or thats how i did it ish. I wanted an iphone which i now regret x i did coverage, tariff but only if i could get the iphone 4s lol.

It's a small world
12-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I have an iphone had one for 4 years now and not sure about changing the phone as so used to it -plus have alarm clock etc for charging iPhone on . Thank you for your opinions . Most appreciated xx

funemnx
12-05-2013, 05:20 PM
I've been with 3 for years but really awfull signal in the house (ok at the end of the drive.. :rolleyes:)

Anyhoo, I called them to move to O2 and told them why - they gave me a network booster for the house free which gives me a full signal in the house, plus unlimited texts and loads data and about an hour free calls (I mostly text) for £10 a month which included a Samsung phone :thumbsup:

Samcat
12-05-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm on Giffgaff which runs on the O2 network. I have a basic phone so do their £5 monthly goodybag - 60 minutes, 300 texts and free calls to other Giffgaff members. I never use it all. From £12 per month they do 250 mins plus unlimited texts and internet. Never have a problem with coverage.

adedwards68
13-05-2013, 05:47 AM
I'm on Giffgaff which runs on the O2 network. I have a basic phone so do their £5 monthly goodybag - 60 minutes, 300 texts and free calls to other Giffgaff members. I never use it all. From £12 per month they do 250 mins plus unlimited texts and internet. Never have a problem with coverage.

I was with Giffgaff then thought I'd upgrade my phone to an iphone5 with O2. But am now cx the contract, going back to 4s and Giffgaff. I have always used the £10 option which is 250 mins unlimited texts and 1 gb of data. I never used them all up. My kids are on Giffgaff as well which means we get free calls and texts to each other and if you don't top up each month you can still make calls and texts to other Giffgaff users for the next 3 months. Works of O2 network and never had a problem with them

Samcat
13-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I was with Giffgaff then thought I'd upgrade my phone to an iphone5 with O2. But am now cx the contract, going back to 4s and Giffgaff. I have always used the £10 option which is 250 mins unlimited texts and 1 gb of data. I never used them all up. My kids are on Giffgaff as well which means we get free calls and texts to each other and if you don't top up each month you can still make calls and texts to other Giffgaff users for the next 3 months. Works of O2 network and never had a problem with them

Both my boys are on Giffgaff, which is why I joined. One's at university, so it doesn't cost either of us to call or text and the other is a typical teenager asking for lifts!