PDA

View Full Version : Daughter babysitting

SDC34cr
12-05-2013, 07:59 AM
One of my little ones live in the next town about 20 mins drive. They asked my 18 year old to babysit for them which she has a couple of times. I wasn't really happy with her travelling back late but they have paid her well and she enjoys going there. Last night they said they would be about 12.30 getting home, so I was in bed but awake waiting for her to come home. I must of fell asleep at about 12.35 ish. Anyway at 2.15 my phone rings and I missed the call, I obviously jumped out of bed looked in my daughters room and she wasn't there, panick! I look at phone then get a message from the parents to say she's stopping over there's cos they later home. My daughter text to say they were talking to her for about an hour. Couldn't get back to sleep, absolutely knacks red this morning and they have tried to call at 8 and woke me up again. I didn't answer so they text. I'm not getting on with my daughter much at the moment and she is my assistant so we are in a difficult situation as I know she is going to be moody today and tomorrow. U will be as I'm tired and my husband is stressed at work so all going to be a lovely day not. I don't really want to speak to the parents cos I really want to say that I'm ****** angry but I guess I will just say it was ok. When really all I want to do at them moment is scream at everyone cos I'm stressed enough as it is without not getting any sleep!

shortstuff
12-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Oh dear, that does sound like they did try to communicate to you though. I do understand you feeling upset with it but your daughter is 18 now so can make decisions for herself. Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn. I remember being 18, even though it was an eternity ago, and if my mum had told me off for doing that I would have probably lost the plot with her.

Could you try and see it from your daughters point of view? in that she probably felt obligated to stay so she didnt disturb your household by coming back so late? Also she was respecting your concerns about her getting home on her own so late by staying there, with letting you know what she was doing.

Again sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear x hugs and sympathy for feeling so tired x

clareelizabeth1
12-05-2013, 08:58 AM
I hope your day is better than you think it will be but I do agree with Gail. Your daughter is 18 and was probably thinking of you and your fears of her traveling home late at night and probably didn't want to do it herself.

I used to babysit for my mums friends from the age of 16 and often stayed the night at their house as it meant no one had to worry about me getting home and I got paid to be asleep.