PDA

View Full Version : childminding whilst pregnant

Jolen3
11-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody has any infirmation ir advice they can offer.
Im planning on stopping at 6 months and taking mat leave.
Are theyre any risks i need to be aware of?
Thanks

tiredandemotional
11-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody has any infirmation ir advice they can offer.
Im planning on stopping at 6 months and taking mat leave.
Are theyre any risks i need to be aware of?
Thanks

Hi Jolen
I am currently nearly seven months pregnant with my third child and although I can't offer any specific advice, I would just make sure you don't over do things as, in my experience, it is pretty exhausting childminding whilst pregnant! I haven't scaled down but have taken things a bit easier where and when I can (which basically means I work like mad all week and make my husband deal with my kids at the weekends while I put my feet up ;)) Also make sure you get your Mat B1 form from your midwife at or just after 20 weeks. This allows you to fill out a maternity allowance form to claim the maternity benefit (currently about £130/week for 39 weeks) You should get it if you have been paying your national insurance contributions.
I am planning on stopping work about 5 days before my due date, assuming I get that far!, and have made contingency plans with other childminders should I go into labour early. All my parents have received a newsletter with the other CM's details on them to make their own arrangements (as I wouldn't want to do it for them - your choice of CM is very personal and the ones I have recommended to my parents are all different).
Good luck with your pregnancy and just take it a bit easier and of course, mind your back!!
Susie

supermumy
11-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I've worked all way threw all 4 of my pregnancies ESP the last 2 literally days before I gave birth and went back 2 wks later

U know your body so just don't over do it :)

~Grasshopper~
11-05-2013, 08:28 PM
im now 21 weeks with bump number 3.

im only working a 4 day week till 3.15pm and have cut back on groups but otherwise im fine, im working right up to my csection date and then taking 2 weeks off. baby is coming end of Aug and most my children are TTO so i will be quiet over summer. Dp is having a month off to help when i start back.

I just spend most of my day in my knees as i cant bend anymore haha

xx

Jolen3
11-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Oh wow you girls are good working to the end and going straight back!
Glad theres nothing specific to worry about.
With regards to matb1 form, think I need to look into the taxes and ni side if things.

Thanks for replies. And good luck with your babies :)

wellybelly
12-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I worked up until the day I went into labour and it was fine but I worked part time so a bit different to full time. I worked three full days a week and the kids I had were brilliant, so no problems at all.