PDA

View Full Version : my paper work for variation ..am i missing anything?

dette
11-05-2013, 01:43 PM
7217]hi x i got my DH to make me some paperwork that i could use to record variations,
could you lovely people have a look and see what you think.all comments/suggestions/tips for improvements will be greatfully recieved xx[

Rick
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
7217]hi x i got my DH to make me some paperwork that i could use to record variations,
could you lovely people have a look and see what you think.all comments/suggestions/tips for improvements will be greatfully recieved xx[

Are you planning on any other paperwork for this? You may need to do a more in depth risk assessment for each situation where you go over numbers. I haven't ever had to do a variation so I would be interested to see what others think.

Rubybubbles
11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
it looks good, agree about writing more about risks

Have you looked in free downloads also? Sarah made a variation form example which is great too x

Rick
11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
it looks good, agree about writing more about risks

Have you looked in free downloads also? Sarah made a variation form example which is great too x

:phew: someone agrees! I just think a tick list may not be sufficient. If this is just a summary then it's great :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
11-05-2013, 03:30 PM
:phew: someone agrees! I just think a tick list may not be sufficient. If this is just a summary then it's great :thumbsup:

I have adapted the forum one :-)

I do like the idea of yours dette as a check list but you could easily add to it, for example when you say ensure, make a comments box, I do this by......., I am following this by doing this.....

does that make sense?

sarah707
11-05-2013, 03:42 PM
That gives a really good starting point Dette! :thumbsup:

You also need to consider the impact on education, how you will manage outings, parent consultation etc.

You will find more ideas (given to me by Ofsted) to add to your checklist here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Changing%20conditions%20of%20registration%20from%2 009.2012.pdf

Hope this helps :D

dette
11-05-2013, 03:45 PM
hi x thanks for replies .
i have a made a risk assesment seperately on my online diary and written a policy on why and when a variation may be needed along with a document for parents to sign to say they have seen policy and RA.
i'm using this along side my register as i have 11 mindees and only 1 is full time.recently it seems that every week there is someone wanting more/different days which is fine when i have my assistant with me but i needed something simple to fill in when these little changes happen.The other day i was at playgroup with 3 under 5's when a mindee(3yr) who is adhoc was there with her mammy.She wanted to come home with me and was getting upset(sometimes i do collect her from playgroup to spend the afternoon with us)i found this little document handy for that.Just wanted something to show that ive thought it through properly.
Very greatful for all feedback