PDA

View Full Version : Best type of potty

Sweetpea
10-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Any recommendations?

I was thinking about buying three as my other two Mindees are bound to want to copy. So perhaps stackable ones?

Recommendations most welcome, thanks!

hectors house
10-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I bought one like a commode last year - it has a lid, seat and removeable potty (for emptying & cleaning). Up til now I had always had an open potty in the lounge but found it hard to stop younger children playing with it, putting toys in it, standing in it! They hardly took any notice of the commode type one other than using it as a step - which is what it is currently being used as in the down stairs loo as not potty training anyone at the moment (have a little boy who has just turned two but hoping not to have to think about it until the end of the summer). It cost about £13 in Asda - the make is "Summer".

littlemiss60561
10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I have the same type. Children loved it and felt more grown up. Others were quite interested in trying to fill with toys though...The base is also now the step up to the main toilet.
I also have the toilet seat adapters and encourage these more than potty as its easier when out and also for cleaning! Have one child who's parents have been trying to train for months. Came here and saw my ds using the big boy toilet and was trained in 2 days :0) so id recommend these more than a potty.

Chimps Childminding
10-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I have got 2 from Morrison's (99p or £1 each)(we currently have 2 potty training, one is doing very well so by having 2 potties the same we are hoping it will encourage the other child) they stack inside each other for putting away at the end of the day/weekend! I just pop them in the kitchen the other side of the room divider gate so lo's can't get to them and empty as soon as they have been used!

I have also got the toilet seat which has a child's seat attached in my downstairs bathroom.

Jenna
10-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I bought my DS 2 potties last weekend from b and m one to keep at our house and one for my mums he loves them they were 99p with monsters on and easily stack on top of each other wish I'd bought the pink one know for mindees to use.

clareelizabeth1
11-05-2013, 12:44 PM
I have a normal plastic potty but also just happen to have an old fashioned tin chamber pot the kids love it and always go for the chamber pot.

Ikea do good stackable ones they are higher than most so children don't look like they will get leg cramp.