PDA

View Full Version : I got the job!

cher25
04-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Had 2 children this morning for a trial while dad went for an interview. 1 is 11 month old and the other is 4. So just had the lo till i picked the 4 year old up at nursery. He was so excited about coming to mine, and came out the class screaming my name. :)
Dad arrived just after 12 and is coming back tonight with mum to sign the contracts, and children start on Monday.
Will i need to do 2 contracts, 1 for each child?

Cher.xx

Minstrel
04-07-2008, 12:01 PM
yes i think so- different hours etc.
Congratulations!!:clapping:

SimplyLucy
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes 2 contracts will be needed.

katickles
04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Congratulations - thats great news.

Like the others have said - 2 contracts will be needed :)

chels55
04-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh well done you:thumbsup: yes each child has individual contract
Good luck

sue m
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Well done and good luck Cher. My parents came last night and signed contracts and the little ones start on Monday, they are a little boy 2.5 and a little girl 1 next week. It's only part time, mostly 3 or maybe 4 days a week and 4.5 hours a time so I can't claim working tax credit! A 3 day week will be 13.5 hours. I think I should after all the hours we all put in when the children aren't here!:angry:

I just hope the children are ok when Dad leaves them as they've only been once and that was last Saturday with Mum and Dad.

Sue x

SimplyLucy
04-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Why can't you claim working tax credits?

I was told I could as soon as I went self empolyed as it's impossible for them to say you work less than 16 hours a week.

Yes the mindees may only be with you for 13.5 hours but you have paperwork to do, prep time, training sessions etc. thats all part of your job.

I suggest you ring the tax credits people and ask them about self employment, I think you'll be surprised. They might even beable to back date it a bit.

miffy
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Well done Cher and Sue - hope it all works out well

I agree you need two contracts - one for each child

Miffy xx

Mollymop
04-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Well done! I am glad you got the job!!!

charleyfarley
04-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

That's great news.

Good luck for Monday

Carol xxx

caza
04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Well done on getting the job :clapping:

Pedagog
04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Well done.

Splish Splosh
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
well done pleased for you.:thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Well done to both of you - yes you do need separate contracts my friend was pulled up at her inspection for only using one per family despite ther being space on MM's contracts for more than 1 child.

Now you two don't look at is as you getting a job you are not employees of these people you offer a professional service and they have decided to use your service as they are happy with what you provide and keep that in mind while dealing with them - also don't for get to mention every now and again that the phone has been hopping the stand with all the enquiries you are receiving lately so they will feel lucky that they have found you and got in - it doesn't matter if it has or not they won't know - then every now and then mention that its gone a bit quiet so they don't think they can buzz off with the slightest notice and get away with it still getting odd calls though not so many type of thing. If they ask why you haven't taken on more children say you are happy with what you've got for the moment as you are enjoying getting to know their lo's and building up a relationship although money is a bit tight but you feel you need to be fair to these children.

If some people get the feeling from you that they are doing you a favour they will start to take the P*** and treat you with very little respect.

They don't pay your tax or NI or make a contribution for you so you don't owe them anything except to abide to your side of the contract and they to theirs.

I'm sure they will be lovely families and treat you with the utmost of respect but the term 'I got the job' rang alarm bells for me.

miss muffit
04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Well done :thumbsup:

Banana
04-07-2008, 03:38 PM
congrats to you!
x

cher25
04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Well done and good luck Cher. My parents came last night and signed contracts and the little ones start on Monday, they are a little boy 2.5 and a little girl 1 next week. It's only part time, mostly 3 or maybe 4 days a week and 4.5 hours a time so I can't claim working tax credit! A 3 day week will be 13.5 hours. I think I should after all the hours we all put in when the children aren't here!:angry:

I just hope the children are ok when Dad leaves them as they've only been once and that was last Saturday with Mum and Dad.

Sue x

Thank you. I don't know anything about the working tax credits and probably wouldn't be able to claim as my partner earns too much for it. But it is unfair if you can't claim,as when 1 of my cousins was working she kept her hours under 16 and was able to claim them. Hope you get it sorted.
Im sure the children will be fine, good luck with it all. :)

cher

cher25
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Thank you all. That's the contracts signed now. Children start on Monday. When the parents came to sign, the 4 year old ran into the house and straight to the toys. I've only met him twice, the other day and again this morning. He must feel comfortable in here already. So i guess im doing something right. :)

Cher.

littletreasures
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Well done

littletreasures

Heaven Scent
04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I bet its not just something you're doing right its more likey that you are doing EVERYTHING right - Keep it up and be proud of yourself!!!!