PDA

View Full Version : Made a mistake..

kellyskidz!
10-05-2013, 09:11 AM
This morning a parent dropped her 2 off and caught me at a bit of a frazzled time, she's going to be inbetween jobs in a few weeks time and asked if the kids could have the week off and not pay.
As stressed as I was I said yes, then looked in my diary an hour ago and saw its the week after half term (which she doesn't pay for, TTO) and the week before I go on holiday myself, which she also doesn't pay for. So now I'm in a position where I've kind of given her 3 weeks off with no pay, which I really can't afford to do. It'll mean I'm nearly 400 pounds down for that month!
Could I say I'm sorry but I've checked my diary and I'm afraid you will have to pay for that week, or just suck it up because I did say yes originally?

Mouse
10-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Contact her ASAP and tell her that you're sorry, you were too busy this morning to concentrate properly on what she was saying, but having had time to look at the dates you now realise that's a contracted week and will need to be paid for. Remind her that she'll have the week before free and the week after free as you're on holiday, but the week in between stands.

It's really difficult sometimes to think quickly when parents put you on the spot, so it's worth trying to remember to say "I'll have a think and get back to you". It just gives you that extra bit of time to think.

kellyskidz!
10-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks, i'll do that. Could kick myself for not saying I'll have a think and ring you later! Lesson learnt.
Now I'm worried she might get funny and say well you already said yes? Lol that's how I imagine the conversation going..
Me: Hi sorry but you caught me at a busy time this morning and now I've checked I'm afraid you can't have that week off without paying.
Mum: Well, sorry, but you've said yes now, bye!

wendywu
10-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks, i'll do that. Could kick myself for not saying I'll have a think and ring you later! Lesson learnt.
Now I'm worried she might get funny and say well you already said yes? Lol that's how I imagine the conversation going..
Me: Hi sorry but you caught me at a busy time this morning and now I've checked I'm afraid you can't have that week off without paying.
Mum: Well, sorry, but you've said yes now, bye!

You: well now i have thought about it and realised i will be 3 weeks without money i have changed my mind, which i am allowed to do. :mad:

natalieatk
10-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Agree with everyone else , she's asked you at your busiest time of day and you felt obliged to give an answer!
Just explain you got the dates mixed thinking it was half term she was asking for off! She wouldn't ask a nursery for the week free! She had a cheek asking you that!!

kellyskidz!
10-05-2013, 10:42 AM
She had a cheek asking you that!!
See I'm thinking that too now the shock and annoyance with myself has worn off. She wouldn't ask a nursery. (mind you, a nursery manager would probably have the foresight to say no straight away)
She's not answering her phone now, so if she does say anything like you've already said yes, I'm right to say I've changed my mind?x

serin
10-05-2013, 10:53 AM
It one of those mistakes you make and have to live and learn from.

kellyskidz!
10-05-2013, 11:13 AM
It one of those mistakes you make and have to live and learn from.
So you don't think I should say I've changed my mind? Just let it go and put it down to experience?x

The Juggler
10-05-2013, 11:18 AM
So you don't think I should say I've changed my mind? Just let it go and put it down to experience?x

you absolutely should tell her you've changed your mind. she caught you on the hop. Just say you can't afford to let her not pay for that week as she is not paying for week before either as its school hols.:thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Huggggge sigh of relief, she's fine about it :jump for joy::jump for joy:
Knew she would be really as she's actually a nice parent to have, always pays on time, children are lovely to care for. Just feel like a weights been lifted now. But still, I advise anyone now to ask for TIME TO THINK!!!

jackie 7
10-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh you mean that big oft brain that says think before speaking? By he prob. is that we care and so often say yes first and think next.

phoenix2010
10-05-2013, 02:32 PM
See I'm thinking that too now the shock and annoyance with myself has worn off. She wouldn't ask a nursery. (mind you, a nursery manager would probably have the foresight to say no straight away)
She's not answering her phone now, so if she does say anything like you've already said yes, I'm right to say I've changed my mind?x

No , dont say you changed your mind
say that you got your weeks muddled and thought it was half term week now youve checked and realised thats a week she has to pay for
Sorry for the mix up :D