PDA

View Full Version : Putting forum posts on FB & Twitter

sarah707
10-05-2013, 07:30 AM
At the bottom left of every thread (if you scroll down past all the posts) under the heading 'bookmarks' you will see buttons which allow you to link to your Facebook page and / or Twitter account.

This is a quick and very easy way of putting threads that are important to you in other places, so friends who do not belong to the forum can read them.

It is also an excellent way of information sharing. Very often we find out new things on the forum which are important to share with childminder colleagues elsewhere.

:D

catlyn
10-05-2013, 07:32 AM
oooh thanks for that Sarah.....never knew how to do that xxx

Rossglass
12-05-2013, 11:39 AM
It's a great idea!:clapping:

My bookmark list was getting very lengthy!

wendywu
12-05-2013, 02:01 PM
No no no, if they cannot be bothered to get off their bottoms and join the forum then thats their loss !!! ( only joking around ) I did not realise we could do that :thumbsup::laughing:

toddlers896
12-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Ime probably being a bit thick here but I thought this forum was private and only members could see it.if we start sharing on Facebook then others might see it when we don'twant them to

Chatterbox Childcare
12-05-2013, 03:41 PM
well I have learnt something new today - thank you

sarah707
12-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Ime probably being a bit thick here but I thought this forum was private and only members could see it.if we start sharing on Facebook then others might see it when we don'twant them to

It depends what parts of the forum you are talking about!

A lot of members were asking me how they could share, for example, our campaigns and petitions information... or threads from 'general childminding chat'... or information we post about tax and expenses and activity ideas...

A lot of members have childminder friends on their FB profiles who they want to share information with - but who for whatever reason don't want to join a forum.

It's a great way of promoting the forum and the things we do to other childminders and creating new networks of information sharing too!

If you post in 'just for members' or other member groups such as green members it will not link to FB because, as you rightly say, those parts of the forum are private.

Hope this clarifies :D

tori4
12-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Can this also be done via iPhone app?

sarah707
12-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Can this also be done via iPhone app?

I Don't use an app - can you see a link? At the bottom of the thread? :D