PDA

View Full Version : did you know

jaytravis
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
my inspecter told me the other day we are not alowed to give calpol anymore unless the parent brings it and its in the sachets from sept i think and when this eyfs come in if the kids want to play outside whennits raining the can we cant refuse them . sorry but that is so silly who waould want there lo pl;aying out in the rain

SimplyLucy
04-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Bit of rain never hurt anyone so long as they have coats on and maybe wellies.

Whilst minding my patio doors are open most of the time. The only time I close them is if we are doing an activity that requires close supervision (would be able to keep a proper eye on the activity if one child was in the garden!)

The children come and go as they please from the garden and I put myself in the diningroom so I can see the garden and the lounge but to be honest they are like sheep and where one goes the other 2 folllow!

I believe OFSTEDS targets are that children spend 50% of playtime outside. They certinatly get that at mine, even when it's raining!

sarah707
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
my inspecter told me the other day we are not alowed to give calpol anymore unless the parent brings it and its in the sachets from sept i think

That is not how it is written in the Standards. I think we need to wait for clarification. The standards say that we must have prior written permission and that it must be in it's original container, with instructions. They do not say anything about the kind of 'infant paracetamol' we should be dispensing.

and when this eyfs come in if the kids want to play outside whennits raining the can we cant refuse them . sorry but that is so silly who waould want there lo pl;aying out in the rain

We must allow children access to the outside area every day - not sure who would police us if a child asked to go out in a thunderstorm and we suggested they wait until the rain abated a bit!

I think we've got to hope Ofsted use their common sense a bit ... in the long run, we can only show we are aiming to fulfil the standards. :D

FizzysFriends
04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I was told that I couldn't keep calpol for a child to give as and when .

I think I would find it hard to say no to letting mindees out in the rain anyway as my daughter plays out there all the time no matter what the weather.

miffy
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree with Sarah - there are still things that need clarification or which are open to the Inspector's interpretation!

Nothing new there then :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Mollymop
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Yes I had heard of this too.
I don't mind my kids playing out in the rain as long as they have raincoats and wellies on.
But when it is raining and my mindees wanna go outside and play, i will have to go with them - how awful for me! I don't wanna get wet!!

It's not fun being outside in the rain - the equipment gets wet, my grass looks like a bog and what can they do? As I will not let them sit on the swings, etc if they are soaking wet!

susi513
04-07-2008, 01:57 PM
"and when this eyfs come in if the kids want to play outside whennits raining the can we cant refuse them "

The rain won't stop us from going on walks etc but I would still say no ... when the parents forget to pack a coat & wellies ... when they ask as I'm dishing up lunch/expecting their parents to arrive etc ...

I do give children plenty of choices, but they're not in charge, I am.