PDA

View Full Version : What an interesting forum

aella851
10-05-2013, 06:27 AM
So glad I found this forum, finding it so interesting and informative. Researching about being a child minder. I know I have the patience and personality for it. Few people have told me that. My health visitor said few years ago about doing it. It's only recently friends and boyfriend have said why don't you look at childminding, I'm doing a module with open uni understanding children and young people which has prompt them to suggest it. I still want to be about for my son as I'm his carer but I want to earn my own money and feel I'm doing something worthwhile for myself. Also build up my credit rating and look at buying a home. i rent with housing association so I don't see that as a major problem asking for consent to work at home as a child minder.
I currently work voluntary 2 days a week in a charity shop and run my craft club at middle school.
Think the paperwork scares me the most, especially with my dyslexia. I will have to be a lot tidier too. However you get paid for being tidier being a childminder. Been sorting through stuff and bagging some for the charity shop.
Looking forward to my induction pre registration meeting. I'm still be unsure about going for it but I think that's down too my confidence.
I'm waffling. Anyway just wanted to say I'm finding all your posts interesting and its great how you rally each other for support.

Angie

shortstuff
10-05-2013, 07:17 AM
So glad I found this forum, finding it so interesting and informative. Researching about being a child minder. I know I have the patience and personality for it. Few people have told me that. My health visitor said few years ago about doing it. It's only recently friends and boyfriend have said why don't you look at childminding, I'm doing a module with open uni understanding children and young people which has prompt them to suggest it. I still want to be about for my son as I'm his carer but I want to earn my own money and feel I'm doing something worthwhile for myself. Also build up my credit rating and look at buying a home. i rent with housing association so I don't see that as a major problem asking for consent to work at home as a child minder.
I currently work voluntary 2 days a week in a charity shop and run my craft club at middle school.
Think the paperwork scares me the most, especially with my dyslexia. I will have to be a lot tidier too. However you get paid for being tidier being a childminder. Been sorting through stuff and bagging some for the charity shop.
Looking forward to my induction pre registration meeting. I'm still be unsure about going for it but I think that's down too my confidence.
I'm waffling. Anyway just wanted to say I'm finding all your posts interesting and its great how you rally each other for support.

Angie

Hi Angie, welcome to the forum. Im sure your confidence will build with time, if you ask some of us we had low confidence in the beginning :)

catlyn
10-05-2013, 07:31 AM
welcome to the forum and good luck with your registraion....you will find a wealth of support and advice on here....we've got so many clever and helpful people on here ...who needs Ofsted???? :-)

AliceK
10-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome :thumbsup:
There is nothing you can't ask on here. It really is the only place to go if you have any queries or concerns.

xxxx

kellyskidz!
10-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Welcome to the forum! Sometimes I swear I couldn't do my job half as well without it. Instant free unbiased advice from people who've been in your position and are genuinely trying to help you with whatever problem or query you have, amazing! :jump for joy::thumbsup::D

Petshrinklj
10-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy the intro course. I've done the intro courses and am just waiting to start the cyclop5 now. Best of luck with it.

jackie 7
10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi be careful this forum is addictive. Welcome to our fun gang.

blue bear
10-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum. I know two chikdminder who have dyslexia they manage just fine, there are always ways to get round the paperwork, we all help each other.