PDA

View Full Version : Train to Gain??? - Anyone heard of it?

button68
04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Whilst the nice college lady was on the phone telling me I'd passed my ICP. She asked whether I'd thought of doing erm ...... can't remember what it was called now but 'something or other' Level 3 - I said "oh no! I don't have any time for night school etc..." and she said you could do it via 'Train to Gain' that way you will spend very little time having to come into college and assessor come to you.

Anyone out there done it? or doing it?

SimplyLucy
04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
My partner runs Training for Train to Gain, so I've heard of it but didn't know we could do courses via them.

katickles
04-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I was aproved funding via train to gain for my NVQ L3 - but then my funding was rejected as i have 5+ GCSE's.

I think its just a company that encourage you to futher your education.

I am now being funded by my local council but the course still runs the same - home based with the support of college workshops.

LisaH
04-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Could I ask how often you have to attend college??

My hubby works awkward hours, I do 2 or 3 late nights a week and my 72 year old mother-in-law cant cope with my 3 rowdy boys for long!!! Lol

Mollymop
04-07-2008, 06:29 PM
After your ICP which is unit 1 of the DHC (Level 3 diploma in homebased childcare) you can complete all the other units to make up the diploma.

I am going to be doing my diploma by distance learning through the NEC college.
Therefore no college.
I am not sure about train to gain

manjay
04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I am not sure about train to gain but I am sure someone else mentioned it today. I am doing my CCLD Level 3 through my local college and I don't have to attend college at all. It is all done with the assessor at my house

katickles
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah the course i'm on (funded through train to gain) i can do it all home based the college work shops are there if i feel i need extra tuition or want to meet others on the course.