PDA

View Full Version : I just adore the school runs

FussyElmo
09-05-2013, 03:08 PM
In the freezing rain.

Humph have had to put the eating on to warm us up.

What happened to the nice weather

JulieA
09-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Oh FussyElmo. So with you this. It can be beautiful all day then as soon as the clock hits three the sky darkens, and the heavens open. Just had this conversation with the lollipop lady, who was in gloves and scarf.

The Juggler
09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
poor you :( what's going on with this weather!

EmmaReed84
09-05-2013, 04:43 PM
I read the title and was like, YEAH ME TOO :clapping: School runs are just AWESOME!!!

Especially the Friday school run where I have to walk to the school which is a 1 minute walk from me at 3pm, then try to get out my drive after some LOVELY THOUGHTFUL Mum has parked her car right in front of my car... ON A DROP CURB!

Then I have a lovely peaceful, leisurely drive to the next school for 3.15pm to collect another two children and have great fun doing a human slalom, trying to navigate myself and 3 kids through the obstacle course that is several clusters of gossiping parents on the ONLY PATH leading out of the school.

After this, it is a super fun game of hide and seek, with the parking spaces at the playschool at 3.30pm.

I live for Friday school runs! :D

shortstuff
09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I have the drive way issue every day as I'm right near a secondary school. We also have a dropped kerb and solid white lines outside, but none of that stops them. They part like their teenagers cant possibly walk further than 10 feet from the school gates unsupervised.

I then have the luxury of driving past an infant school where the parents park wherever they like, corners the lot. To go to my DS school. Coming back is as much of an issue as they are queueing for the ice cream van which parks on the pavement on another corner completely obstructing the view to drive round the corner safely.

I have this every day to deal with. I'm just glad OH does the trip in the mornings.

ozzy10
09-05-2013, 05:11 PM
It's awful in the rain luckily I missed the rain on both the school runs to day.

Got caught in it going for the bus to go swimming with my own lo though.

Rick
09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
I wasn't sure if the title of this thread was sarcastic or not.......I should have known.
I only do one school run a week and it always seems to be torrentially raining at the exact second I leave the house!