PDA

View Full Version : A little moan

serin
09-05-2013, 12:55 PM
This woman must think I have time to kill! A potential parent was meant to come over today for a visit. She is 25 mins late. It was such a struggle to get the kids to sleep and now I have she is not even here. I could have taken them out... Shes lucky I am even considering taking on her child with the challenges it will involve.

kellyskidz!
09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Ooh that's my pet hate too, lateness! In this day and age it's so easy to phone or send a text to saying running late, will be there at.. Especially for something like an appointment. Did she show up in the end?x

Maza
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
My pet hate too. No excuse not to contact you. Did she turn up?

pipandbaz
09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
How inconsiderate ....not the best start!

serin
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Her first visit she was 1 hour and half late and sent me a email half hour after her appointment to ask about buses. I saw it too late to cancel. Today she didnt bother to turn up. I have decided if she does contact me I am going to say I need reliability from parents and I dont think it is going to work out.

shortstuff
09-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Her first visit she was 1 hour and half late and sent me a email half hour after her appointment to ask about buses. I saw it too late to cancel. Today she didnt bother to turn up. I have decided if she does contact me I am going to say I need reliability from parents and I dont think it is going to work out.

I say that sounds like a wise decision

supermumy
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Same here I had one meant to come yesterday now she rang me and arrange this day and time and yep no show no tx no nothing!

Supernanny86
09-05-2013, 09:18 PM

I'd not even consider it now!! So annoying such a waste of your time x

KatieFS
09-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Well obviously as we are childminders, we work from hone so we are in all the time with nothing else to do right??!!
Sadly similar had visit set up Monday with new parent. I txt to confirm she remembers can do this Monday. Can we do another.eerrr were you going to tell me?

Supernanny86
09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Well obviously as we are childminders, we work from hone so we are in all the time with nothing else to do right??!!
Sadly similar had visit set up Monday with new parent. I txt to confirm she remembers can do this Monday. Can we do another.eerrr were you going to tell me?

Yep always in playing with toys, watching tv, and dunking biccies!! x

jackie 7
09-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I had one who said she would be half an hour late and turned up half hour early. Also had a huge list of questions. Net she was on mumsnet