PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted registration??

Supernanny86
08-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I'm a nanny and in the process of registering for ofsted, I've sent all doc and info, courses etc that they wanted. Rang and checked how far along my application is today and they say there waiting on more info from social services?? They have info from them on the 2nd but there's more to follow. What would this be to do with? I have no children of my own and my family has never been involved with them??

Thanks in advance xx

shortstuff
08-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I'm a nanny and in the process of registering for ofsted, I've sent all doc and info, courses etc that they wanted. Rang and checked how far along my application is today and they say there waiting on more info from social services?? They have info from them on the 2nd but there's more to follow. What would this be to do with? I have no children of my own and my family has never been involved with them??

Thanks in advance xx

As far as Im aware they check that you have never been reported to them in any way relating to children. It might be worth you breaking protocol as the checks on my OH took forever to come through. They were having issues with their system and the link between ss and ofsted.

lisbet
08-05-2013, 05:33 PM
This happened to me too and is quite common I think. Basically because the social care departments are really stretched and so childminder checks are low priority for them and get left until Ofsted send them a reminder. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer x

Supernanny86
08-05-2013, 06:18 PM
So there's nothing I can do to hurry it along?! When I spoke to ofsted earlier they just say they're waiting on SS! Bit annoying considering they harassed me for docs only 3 days after I applied (they were in the post) and that was over 2 months ago!! x

lisbet
08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
So there's nothing I can do to hurry it along?! When I spoke to ofsted earlier they just say they're waiting on SS! Bit annoying considering they harassed me for docs only 3 days after I applied (they were in the post) and that was over 2 months ago!! x

I don't know. I did ask Ofsted if they could give me the SS dept contact details so I could enquire with them myself, but they couldn't. And then I figured the Ofsted reminder after a month would probably have more effect than me trying to ask them anyway. (I saw it because Ofsted sent the one about me to ME instead of the SS :rolleyes: and it says, politely but firmly, 'please respond to this reminder within 7 days'.) x

Supernanny86
08-05-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't know. I did ask Ofsted if they could give me the SS dept contact details so I could enquire with them myself, but they couldn't. And then I figured the Ofsted reminder after a month would probably have more effect than me trying to ask them anyway. (I saw it because Ofsted sent the one about me to ME instead of the SS :rolleyes: and it says, politely but firmly, 'please respond to this reminder within 7 days'.) x

Thanks! Guess ill have to just wait then!!

Sometimes I do wonder about them!!

"Do as we say and not as we do" springs to mind!!!

x

shortstuff
09-05-2013, 05:42 AM
I actually found a contact number for ss and chased it myself in the end. Might be worth a try?

Supernanny86
09-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks Gail I might just do that! x

lubeam
09-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I chased too ring your local council n keep askin till some one puts you through :) good luck

Supernanny86
09-05-2013, 07:21 AM
I chased too ring your local council n keep askin till some one puts you through :) good luck

Thanks I will. Going to be another day on the phone :( x

lisbet
09-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks I will. Going to be another day on the phone :( x

Hope you get through to someone who can help without too much hassle :thumbsup: