PDA

View Full Version : pacey name badges

loocyloo
08-05-2013, 02:37 PM
having just responded to a post about wearing a name badge, and specifically the pacey name badge. i had a look.

( i currently wear an NCMA badge ... says ofsted/cssiw, my name, and registered childminder )

the new badges just say 'pacey, my name and professional childminder'

NO mention of being registered and NO mention of OFSTED!

i have emailed them to ask why, in that they are NOT in favour of agencies and must be aware that alot of childminders will be remaining independant, why is there not the option to choose 'OFSTED REGISTERED CHILDMINDER' ( i was going to ask about having independant on it as well, but decided that was battle for another day! )

not very impressed!

hectors house
08-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Or Ofsted Registered Independant Childminder! Well done for ringing up to voice your concerns - lets hope others do to and you get consulted on what your badge says.:clapping:

SammySplodger
08-05-2013, 04:43 PM
YUP - know where you are coming from.
:-)

bunyip
08-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I'd be tempted to get a quote from Timpsons, the shoe repairers. They make badges to order and can probably even do the capital letters that seem to be a mystery to pacey. :rolleyes:

Simona
08-05-2013, 06:09 PM
I have missed this bit about the badges...where are they from, do we pay for them and why put 'professional ' cm when they are surveying us about a future name change!!!

Timpsons...what a brilliant idea!

loocyloo
08-05-2013, 07:20 PM
had a reply from pacey

badges cost £4.15 plus a £2.25 delivery charge

and are just to show that we are members of pacey 'professional childminder/childcarer/nanny'

jackie 7
09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Tump sons would be less!! Also we could put on UNTRUSSED child care professional.

snortlet
11-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Tump sons would be less!! Also we could put on UNTRUSSED child care professional.

I like that one!!

lisbet
11-05-2013, 11:07 AM

:laughing::thumbsup:

bunyip
12-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Oooh, I might go and ask about getting one made.

And another saying, "Caution - children in my care may bite." :rolleyes:

lynnecowan
14-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Dont know what pacey is but our local group of cms all got a badge made on ebay with our name, business name, logo and ey number on, looks good, nice and professional , and our toddler group logo on the reverse, for a fiver! (Timpsons quoted me 7.99 for single sided)

loocyloo
16-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Dont know what pacey is but our local group of cms all got a badge made on ebay with our name, business name, logo and ey number on, looks good, nice and professional , and our toddler group logo on the reverse, for a fiver! (Timpsons quoted me 7.99 for single sided)

thank you, that is interesting and useful to know.

pacey is the new name for NCMA

MessybutHappy
16-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Or Ofsted Registered Independant Childminder! Well done for ringing up to voice your concerns - lets hope others do to and you get consulted on what your badge says.:clapping:

Does that make us "ORIC's"??? Sound's either really grand or something a bit alien... I'm not too sure which!!

Simona
17-05-2013, 01:36 PM
I think we could have many choices

1. Ofsted Registered Independent Cm

2. Childcare Hub cm

3. Agency cm

4. Agency self employed cm

5. Agency employed cm

6. Ofsted Registered Independent Network CM

7. Ofsted Registered Independent Non Network CM

8. Ofsted Registered Independent Funding Drawing CM

9. Ofsted Registered Independent Non Funding drawing cm

can you think of any more???

WibbleWobble
17-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I'd be tempted to get a quote from Timpsons, the shoe repairers. They make badges to order and can probably even do the capital letters that seem to be a mystery to pacey. :rolleyes:

NO!!!! Don't buy from timpsons. The idiot mp who is supporting truss is Edward timpson, the heir to the timpson dynasty!!!

Wibble the " I don't shop at timpsons" x

Simona
18-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Are there any MPs in the Cabinet who are not heirs to some title, business empire and understand the policies they are in charge of???

Optimalstar
18-05-2013, 09:31 AM
having just responded to a post about wearing a name badge, and specifically the pacey name badge. i had a look.

( i currently wear an NCMA badge ... says ofsted/cssiw, my name, and registered childminder )

the new badges just say 'pacey, my name and professional childminder'

NO mention of being registered and NO mention of OFSTED!

i have emailed them to ask why, in that they are NOT in favour of agencies and must be aware that alot of childminders will be remaining independant, why is there not the option to choose 'OFSTED REGISTERED CHILDMINDER' ( i was going to ask about having independant on it as well, but decided that was battle for another day! )

not very impressed!

I mentioned this at the regional forum last week x

loocyloo
20-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I mentioned this at the regional forum last week x

GREAT :D any comment?

i was told by emailed reply to my query that it is to show we are a member of pacey!

tulip0803
20-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I think we could have many choices

1. Ofsted Registered Independent Cm

2. Childcare Hub cm

3. Agency cm

4. Agency self employed cm

5. Agency employed cm

6. Ofsted Registered Independent Network CM

7. Ofsted Registered Independent Non Network CM

8. Ofsted Registered Independent Funding Drawing CM

9. Ofsted Registered Independent Non Funding drawing cm

can you think of any more???

CSSIW Registered Childminder - I ran away from OFSTED a few years ago (to be honest it was to be nearer my Mum)!

I have still been doing all the petitions though cos I might come back one day

Optimalstar
20-05-2013, 04:47 PM
GREAT :D any comment?

i was told by emailed reply to my query that it is to show we are a member of pacey!

Only that it would be taken to London, a meeting I presume. I'm not au fait with the workings of Pacey. I attend the members meetings/ training when invited and have resisted the pressure to join Pacey local so far. More on account of not being fully clued up on the inner workings of Pacey and the lack of time/opportunity to do a lot at the minute.

karen m
14-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Lynn Cowan I don't suppose you remember who the person was on EBay ,

bunyip
14-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Lynn Cowan I don't suppose you remember who the person was on EBay ,

...and while you're at it, tell me who ever reads the bit on the reverse of the badge! :rolleyes:

lynnecowan
22-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Lol, i turn it around for toddler group and turn it back after! No, i dont know who it was , my co coordinator ordered us all a one each, i will ask her! X

rickysmiths
22-06-2013, 05:06 PM

May I ask why you would want to display your EY number? I actually blank it off any paperwork that I show prospective parents as well. Your name and ey number can be used to claim Tax Credits.

pacey is NCMA with a new name.

rickysmiths
22-06-2013, 05:10 PM
had a reply from pacey

badges cost £4.15 plus a £2.25 delivery charge

and are just to show that we are members of pacey 'professional childminder/childcarer/nanny'

I ordered mine on Thursday when O ordered some paperwork. I got 5 books and it was all delivered this morning. I paid £1.95 p & p and the badge will follow. I was very impressed to have ordered ay 3.30 on Thursday and get the delivery on Sat am.

As for the badge. I can't get exercised about the Ofsted bit. Not good childminder wouldn't be registered with Ofsted and you can't be a member of pacey without being Ofsted registered anyway.

rickysmiths
22-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I have missed this bit about the badges...where are they from, do we pay for them and why put 'professional ' cm when they are surveying us about a future name change!!!

Timpsons...what a brilliant idea!

They are available in the shop.