PDA

View Full Version : How to change to prepay

smurfette
07-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Grr! Having a problem with one parent who is supposed to pay first day of the week.. About every second week I get money on time, rest of time it's either not given until pick up (I have reiterated several times its due in the morning) or half on Monday and other half Thursday .. To be fair they ask if they can do half and half but sometimes it's on Monday morning on doorstep and what can you do?! Last time they text to ask I said no just on principal as I feel paying me isn't high on their list of priorities! Today dad unusually dropped off said sorry mum had to rush to work she will drop money on pick up.. I was annoyed as we are going on hols on Friday and I needed to go to bank to lodge money for this and wanted to lodge it all together not go back again later in week!

So am thinking of Changing to Friday Payment for them as I am sick of planning for us to do a shop on Monday (if hubby is off he does it) go to bank, pay something girls need for school etc only to find it doesn't arrive! Just feel a bit disrespected

So how Do i go about this?! Thanks!

shortstuff
07-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Grr! Having a problem with one parent who is supposed to pay first day of the week.. About every second week I get money on time, rest of time it's either not given until pick up (I have reiterated several times its due in the morning) or half on Monday and other half Thursday .. To be fair they ask if they can do half and half but sometimes it's on Monday morning on doorstep and what can you do?! Last time they text to ask I said no just on principal as I feel paying me isn't high on their list of priorities! Today dad unusually dropped off said sorry mum had to rush to work she will drop money on pick up.. I was annoyed as we are going on hols on Friday and I needed to go to bank to lodge money for this and wanted to lodge it all together not go back again later in week!

So am thinking of Changing to Friday Payment for them as I am sick of planning for us to do a shop on Monday (if hubby is off he does it) go to bank, pay something girls need for school etc only to find it doesn't arrive! Just feel a bit disrespected

So how Do i go about this?! Thanks!

Have you thought about telling them that it is their final chance to start paying on time? If they mess up again you will be expecting the money on the friday before as you are finding their lack of responsibility a problem. What have you written in to the contract about paying late? I have it written in that any later than 7 days and I reserve the right to cancel with immediate effect.

smurfette
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes maybe I just need a chat .. Again! I recently did talk to mum and say I needed the money in the morning as I needed to bank it but its slipping again.. I am not really sure what's going on as I had to pull her up about time keeping suddenly becoming lax last week, she was dropping at 750 and not picking up Til 510/515 after 18 months of always being on time. She is now finishing the end of a years course with work where she attends college part time and is doing assignments maybe its just juggling everything, think she is finished in a couple of weeks so might just hang on and see if things improve then, as uou say maybe the threat of prepay might do it, feel like I am being unreasonable nit picking cos it mostly comes the same day but the problem is Monday is my quiet day and I can get to the bank , I have too many little ones mid week to do it

smurfette
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Oh and nothing in contract except that I will charge late fees if there is a persistent problem

shortstuff
07-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh and nothing in contract except that I will charge late fees if there is a persistent problem

Sounds like a persistant problem though. Maybe some fees will help them get their priorities sorted?

Ali56
07-05-2013, 10:47 PM
My advice would be to simply write a letter to put in with next weeks invoice. Give them 4 weeks notice that as of XXXX date, fee's will need to be paid on a friday in advance, you reserve the right to not mind the child if the fee's are not paid on time, and also to charge a late fee of XX amount a day. You don't have to give a reason, but she will know it is because she never pays on time! It's your business, you make the rules......
Good luck!

hectors house
08-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Could the parent give you at the beginning of the month - 4 postdated cheques and you just pay them in on the day they are due (or get parent to date them a few days before due to allow for cheques to clear).

I have just swapped one parent over from paying monthly in arrears to monthly in advance (not because they were bad payers just because this is how everyone else pays now) - I waited until May to swap as their bill would be less anyway because of the bank holidays and child does only come one day a week. Is the parent having to pay for alternative care next week while you are on holiday - if not maybe they could pay you as normal for next week then you have that money in hand for the week you return?