PDA

View Full Version : my own child constantly ill!

TNT
07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Since January my 3 year old has had 2 stomach bugs, chicken pox, slapped cheek virus and now another stomach bug.I just dont know what is going on, he has never really been poorly before. Luckily I have managed to work it around childminding with OH coming home early and looking after him so I have only had a few days off but obviously today with vommiting am going to have to take a few days off this week.
Has anyone else had constant illness in their house like this? Am starting to get a bit concerned that his immune system isnt doing its job.
It also of coursemeans my other 2 children will get it too.
I am so tired :(

Maza
07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Yes, since September DD, 4, has been ill a lot. Tummy bug, two bouts of tonsillitis, three ear infections, conjunctivitis, really bad colds... Dr assured me that whilst she has had more than her fair share it is all still normal for her age.

At least you have got chicken pox out of the way.

Whilst it is so hard for them, it is also really hard on us with all the broken sleep, the worry, the juggling appointments and cancelling work. Let's hope this nice weather keeps them healthy! x

sarah707
07-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Does your lo eat well? You could look at supplements for a short time to boost immunity.

Hopefully when the weather improves the bugs will disappear x

TNT
08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes, he has a healthy, varied diet. I just think that the chicken pox has knocked him for 6 and he is catching everything now.
Have been to the chemist and bought some multivitamin s and (natural) iron supplements so hopefully I can have a weekend in the future that does not involve washing towels covered in sick or rushing out at 11 at night because I have run out of calpol again :)

smurfette
08-05-2013, 01:30 PM
My girls caught everything going after chicken pox
Seemed to wreak havoc with their immune system:

I got them on a tonic pharmaton or similar seemed to help

Hope Lo improves soon!

hectors house
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Hope this is the last bug of the year - stock up on multi vitamins and use anti bac gel - I stupidly showed a toddler how to blow the toy trumpet after he had already had it in his mouth today - he has a runny nose - am wondering whether to gargle with TCP or just spray anti bac down my throat!