PDA

View Full Version : I've shocked myself and said no!

ozzy10
07-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Posted a while ago about mindees mum and dad who had split up so they wanted me to start earlier so neither was 'stuck' with him.

Well been telling mum she needs to sign new contract if hours are different and she's wanting me to start earlier as charge will be different. She's never responded and just shrugged or changed the subject if I mention it in person to her. .

This morning she arrived and said tomorrow you need to collect him from breakfast club I said I can't do that you haven't signed new contracts, the look on her face was awful she wasn't happy and was quickly followed by well looks like I won't be getting a lie in before work then before sge stormed off without saying bye to mindee!

I'm still in shock I said no normally I just mumble oh ok. I feel so guilty for saying no :s

Mouse
07-05-2013, 08:41 AM
The first time you say no is always the hardest, so well done :clapping:

Mum had better get used to it. Once you've done it once, it's very easy to do it again :D

dawn100
07-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Well done for saying no and don't feel guilty!
Mum should be the one feeling guilty complaining she can't have a lie in (a lie in I can't remember what a lie is its been so long since i had one!) surely if care is shared she would want to make the most of seeing lo. Well having a strop and not saying bye to her child well she should be embarrassed about that!

lubeam
07-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Be proud don't feel guilty :) go you :)

clareelizabeth1
07-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Don't you feel guilty she sounds like she is just trying it on. Mum should though for wanting to sleep in instead of spending time with her lo.

littlemiss60561
07-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Flipping cheek! Don't you dare feel guilty!

jackie 7
07-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Do not feel guilty. It is their problem not yours. Well done for saying no. It gets easier as it goes along.

bindy
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Good on you! I have just done something the same. Got a text Wednesday last week, saying thank you very much for your services, my daughter has had a great time over the last 3 years but I do not need you any more! I called her back, asking her about the 4 weeks notice, did she want to send her daughter or just pay me the money. She was shocked, I have always bent over backwards for this woman but I will not be XXXX on. sometimes you really need to put your foot down. Do not feel guilty.

shortstuff
07-05-2013, 04:52 PM
makes you wonder why they had a child in the first place sometimes, well done stay strong and stick to it x

kellyskidz!
07-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Good for you :clapping::clapping: as one who hates confrontation too, I know how hard it can be to speak up so well done you!!!

Rick
07-05-2013, 05:05 PM
How can she complain, you have mentioned many times before that you need to change the contract!

winstonian
07-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Well done!!

ozzy10
07-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Not feeling guilty anymore! Feeling very proud of myself! Lol.

Just feel sorry for the lo getting passed about as nobody seems bothered.

On a brighter note went to view a primary school for my own lo today and an old mindee was there said hello to her then heard her say 'she uses to look after me before school she's really nice and kind we had lots of fun :D made my day!

shortstuff
07-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Thats so lovely for you to hear. You must be beaming with pride, well done x

lizann
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
well done you xxx: