PDA

View Full Version : Do you count your own children?

caza
04-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I was just wondering when working out your numbers do you always include your own children whether they are at home or not? I was just thinking that if you didn't count them and you were full what would happen if your child was ill and couldn't go to school as you would then be over your maximum? Or would you simply not work if your child was ill?

Sorry if that sounds like a silly question I have just been wondering :rolleyes:

susi513
04-07-2008, 07:25 AM
When Ofsted decide how many children you can care for they take into account your own children. So, while the maximum number you could care for is 6 under 8s, if you have 2 children of your own under 8 they won't register you for more than 4 under 8s.

So as Ofsted have already taken your own children into account it doesn't make any difference whether your own children are home or not.

Unfortunately that also means you can't ship your own children off to grandma/friends and book in extra mindees.

HTH

sarah707
04-07-2008, 08:16 AM
like Susi says, your own children are always counted.

Think about it this way ... if one fell ill and needed to come home, you'd be over numbers.

caza
04-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for that :thumbsup: I didn't realise Ofsted automatically took your own children off the total of children you are allowed (if that makes sense which I dont think it does but I know what I mean lol). I thought if they said said you could have for example 4 under 8's that would include your own children therefore I would only be able to take on 3 mindees :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm rambling now thanks for putting me straight ;)