PDA

View Full Version : Legal requirments

amandaemma
06-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Quick question...Must u have ur reg certificate and ur insurance on show during opening hours or can they be left in a folder for parents to see when they come for first visit????

Thanks

charlottenash
06-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I have insurance, first aid, and Ofsted complaints poster thing on the wall (the Ofsted one is compulsory) but I have my reg cert in a folder.

cathtee
06-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I had my registration certificate in a folder when Mrs O came for inspection, she put it down as an action it must be up, well I never did put it
up and then Mrs O came for the next inspection 3 yrs later and saw it was an action from previous inspection and pulled me up about
it, telling me it must be on show I stuck it on a nail that was sticking out of the banester and she was happy with that.

amandaemma
06-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Quick question...Must u have ur reg certificate and ur insurance on show during opening hours or can they be left in a folder for parents to see when they come for first visit????

Thanks

Thank you I have my Insurance and reg up but having a conversation on one of these fb childminding groups and most of them are saying no. Im actually thinking about leaving the group. All they seem to do is moan about the kids/parents and if u reply to anything that's different from what they are saying they get a bit angry in their reply. :-(

adedwards68
06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
I thought you had to have your reg cert on display

Sarsar3NCH
06-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I think the only compulsory things are reg cert and Ofsted poster

amandaemma
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I was told at my course and from my inspector that we had to plus all the childminders I know say the same as me. :o

charlottenash
07-05-2013, 06:17 AM
That's news to me. What worries me with having it on the wall is that it may get knocked down or ruined easily.

christine e
07-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Registration Certificate and Parent Poster need to be on display for all to see

Kiddleywinks
07-05-2013, 06:36 AM
That's news to me. What worries me with having it on the wall is that it may get knocked down or ruined easily.

I laminated mine :thumbsup:

shortstuff
12-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I laminated a photocopy and keep the original in a folder for parents to view. HTH

lozzy23
12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I laminated a photocopy and keep the original in a folder for parents to view. HTH

This is what I do too:)

AliceK
12-05-2013, 03:29 PM
My Reg cert is in a photo frame and on the wall in the playroom along with my Ofsted poster. All my other certificates are in my folder which new / prospective parents can read when they visit.

xxxx

Tazmin68
12-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I was told ofsted poster, registration certificate and first aid on display and fire extinguisher and fire blanket visable in kitchen

Stapleton83
12-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Ofsted poster and registration certificate are required up. I have mine on a notice board which I can take down when I am not minding!

Sam x

k1rstie
12-05-2013, 07:42 PM
I personally think that your Ofsted certificate is actually an outdated piece of paper! What does it actually show anyone ?

Only that on the date of printing that you were registered as a childminder. The very next week after printing you could be deregistered, and no longer be a registered childminder, but you still have your certificate showing that you are registered.

I personally think that Ofsted, and the LA early year department can look online at my registration details. When I speak to a new parent, I signpost them to my online Ofsted entry, as it is the most up to date.

Sometimes the rules are stupid.

Kirstie