PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a home to childmind from!

BattyNora
04-05-2013, 09:18 PM
I haven't posted on this forum much after my initial 'hello' post but I am so excited and I need somewhere to gush.

At the end of last year I wanted to start childminding from our current rented house, and was all set to start with the reg process. However, we have always had trouble with our neighbour playing bass strong enough to vibrate our walls. Then we had an 'incident' with our neighbour threatening us after we complained and then frequently smelling was we think is a certain illegal smoking substance when in the garden. There are various other issues in the road. So, I decided, quite rightly, that I wasn't happy to start childminding in an area like this so we have been looking at moving.

I don't know about other renters, but blooming hell it's been hard finding somewhere with everything I wanted that would allow childminding...BUT...we have it!!!

I am so chuffed! On 1st June we get the keys to a four bedroom semi-detached house in a small town with a seperate dining room attached to the kitchen that will make a great playroom, bathroom downstairs, conservatory, upstairs room for them to sleep, nice garden and the back gate goes out onto a playing field. It is 5 mins walk from a brand new outstanding school and walking distance from plenty of toddler groups! It is also in a different county so am now getting help with registering and training where before I was getting nothing. Sorry to sound like I am gloating but it is literally perfect and providing everything I want.

Childminding has been my absolute dream that I have been workong towarss for quite a while, and now I could be months away has made me almost giddy!

loocyloo
05-05-2013, 07:18 AM
congratulations!

the new house and surroundings sound wonderful. :clapping:

hope the path to registering as a childminder is as smooth as possible and you have a great time.

which county will you be in?

x

Daisy De
05-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Well done.

Everything sounds great, good luck with the process of registering, your house sounds perfect :clapping:

lisbet
05-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Sounds brilliant :) So pleased it's all coming together for you xx

marie55
05-05-2013, 08:35 AM
That's great news, all sounds lovely. Enjoy every minute xx :)

rachelmama
05-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Thats great news :thumbsup:

clareelizabeth1
05-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Glad you've got there house hunting is a nightmare

lubeam
05-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Good for you glad you got everything you wanted :)

Kirstylob
05-05-2013, 12:29 PM
It sounds wonderful! Lucky you, i would love a separate play room. Hope all goes smoothly for you. X

BattyNora
05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Thank you everyone!

We'll be moving all of 3.5 miles to take us over the county border from Herts to Bedforshire.

shortstuff
05-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Sounds like its all coming together perfectly, good on you :-)

blue bear
05-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Well done :clapping: house sounds perfect

winstonian
05-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Sounds great! Good luck with everything

christine e
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Sounds lovely - wishing you all the best for your future in childminding:thumbsup:

Amandak28
02-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Glad to see you managed to move away!

I am to in a similar situation with a noisy neighbour.
The trouble is I'm a housing association tenant so moving isn't possible as i just dint have the funds. :-(
The housing association they are with are dealing with it but so far unsuccessfully!

Im also on an exchange site as this is really the only way i can move unless i stick it out for another 6 months to a year while i try and save so i can move.
Xx

lozzy23
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
We'll be moving all of 3.5 miles to take us over the county border from Herts to Bedforshire.

It all sounds great, good luck. I am in Bedfordshire moved from Hertfordshire 25 years ago. x

The Juggler
03-06-2013, 01:50 PM
oh hon. i am so pleased for you x