PDA

View Full Version : Anyone accept vouchers by Bristol City Council?

helendee
04-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Re the title, several of my parents pay through BCC usually with no problems at all, however this month they have installed new software in the finance department and it has completely messed up the payments system with over half of us not receiving our money.

I have rung the local FIS who oversee payments and they couldn't be more unhelpful if they tried! I am told constantly that they are aware there is a problem but have no idea how long it will take to fix, what's more, the woman in charge implies that she doesn't give a ****.

I am owed £729 which is all we have to live on for the month post bills so I have no idea how are meant to live until we are paid, I guess I will have to dip into the money put by for tax for now.

Rant over, thanks for reading! GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry:

cazbo05
04-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Re the title, several of my parents pay through BCC usually with no problems at all, however this month they have installed new software in the finance department and it has completely messed up the payments system with over half of us not receiving our money.

I have rung the local FIS who oversee payments and they couldn't be more unhelpful if they tried! I am told constantly that they are aware there is a problem but have no idea how long it will take to fix, what's more, the woman in charge implies that she doesn't give a ****.

I am owed £729 which is all we have to live on for the month post bills so I have no idea how are meant to live until we are paid, I guess I will have to dip into the money put by for tax for now.

Rant over, thanks for reading! GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Hi I get paid by bristol city council for one of my families, was just thinking I hadnt been paid this month when I read this! Let's hope they don't take too long to get it sorted !!!

JulieA
05-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Not that it is any consolation at all but all BCC payments have failed. So I receive Early years funding and enhanced provision payments through BCC too and not received any of it. Several of us have complained, but still no sign of any money. Lets hope they sort it soon otherwise there will be a lot of very unhappy childminders in bristol.

JulieA
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Just a quick update on this. Payments are still outstanding and there are two high up managers on the case too. Many childminders are contemplating with holding further care until payment is received in the same way as for a private parent.

helendee
08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Still haven't been paid and really starting to worry now :(.

Local FIS are useless and don't seem to know their wotsits from their elbows.

I don't know what to do about it, the parents are being blase about it too, does anyone know if I can ask them to make alternative payment and I will re-pay them if and when I receive their original payments?