PDA

View Full Version : Safety Signs

Wiggle Wiggle
04-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Has anyone got any good weblinks or would like to share their safety signs? I am trying hard to put some together that I can print off? Any help greatly appreciated!

sarah707
04-05-2013, 07:09 AM
What sort of signs do you mean?

You can get posters etc on google - print and laminate - but I am not sure what safety signs you need?? :D

Wiggle Wiggle
04-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Any health and safety signs like no smoking, emergency exit etc. Any pointing in the right direction would be good or even suggestions on which safety signs others use in their setting or need to use.

Many thanks.

loocyloo
04-05-2013, 07:32 AM
i don't have any signs in my home.

i DO have a fire evacuation proceedure poster/sign - A5 size and on my noticeboard but that is it.

supermumy
04-05-2013, 07:58 AM
I have my fire evac and a Fireman Sam sign stating emergency point and I have a no smoking sign on parents board
And a washing hands and toilet poster above toilet

bunyip
04-05-2013, 08:02 AM
The Crayola website has a blank template for designing a fire evacuation map of the house.

NHS can provide handwash signs.

Some CMs sell packs of posters/signs on fleaBay.

The more commercial stickers/vinyls can be bought from some key-cutters or workwear stores.

MiniKins
04-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Any health and safety signs like no smoking...

We needed several 'no smoking' signs but couldn't find any that would have stood the test of time when used outdoors in the garden or at the front door. In the end drew up our own and had it printed by a local sign making company on rigid 5mm foam board. Negotiate a bit on price and you can often cut a good deal ~ we were charged £3 each.

Here's the artwork if you want:

Tinkerbell1979
04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
If you want proper professional signs then B&Q sell them x

jackie 7
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Do we need signs? I am redoing my plan and evacuation plan this weekend. Only a4 size. I have enough up without more. If parents smoke they will be told to leave my premises until they are finished. Then they will get a letter telling them exactly what I feel about smoking anywhere near me.

kim-d
04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
If you go to FREE CHILDMINDING RESOURCES. EYFS FOR CHILDMINDERS. POSTERS, CERTIFICATES, REWARD CHARTS, TEACHING RESOURCES, COLOURING PICTURES, MULTICULTURAL ACTIVITIES, PRINTABLES. (http://www.freechildmindingresources.com/) there are plenty of signs to choose from you can print off and laminate. :)

rickysmiths
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't have any signs up this is my home not a commercial works building. Most of my children wouldn't understand signs anyway and I know the ways out of my house without them. I do Emergency Escape practices with them anyway.

If a parent dared to light up in or around my house they would be polity told to put it out. I must say in 19 years I have never had a parent arrive smoking anyway.