PDA

View Full Version : Re referral of Health Declaration Form

val555
03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi,
I am in the process of applying to Ofsted. I've just received a letter from them today stating that my health check has been
referred to Health Management Ltd. and I must admit I'm worried!! I am a former teacher who left the profession because it was making me ill through stress and depression which I have suffered on and off with for the past five years. However - now I am sooo much better!!! I have managed with the help of my doctor to cope without medication since Xmas and can honestly say I have never been happier! Preparing my house for future mindees has been a joy and as the Early Years is my area of expertise I know I will be good at it. I wondered if anyone else has been in a similar position who could offer advice. I want to stay positive!!

sarah707
03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
it is absolutely normal for anyone on medication to be referred to health management.

it will hold up your application but as long as they are reassured you are fit to work with children it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with it all! :D

benandjerrys
03-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi,
I am in the process of applying to Ofsted. I've just received a letter from them today stating that my health check has been
referred to Health Management Ltd. and I must admit I'm worried!! I am a former teacher who left the profession because it was making me ill through stress and depression which I have suffered on and off with for the past five years. However - now I am sooo much better!!! I have managed with the help of my doctor to cope without medication since Xmas and can honestly say I have never been happier! Preparing my house for future mindees has been a joy and as the Early Years is my area of expertise I know I will be good at it. I wondered if anyone else has been in a similar position who could offer advice. I want to stay positive!!

Iv posted today with a similar question Today I got the same letter too! Although mine was for a slipped disc 18 months ago but they want permission to access my medical records even though the doctor has already filled out the medical booklet.

tulip0803
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
When I first applied I was referred due to asthma. However as it was well managed and I had never been hospitalised I was registered. It is a formality to cover them in case something did happen while children are in our care.

sing-low
12-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Don't worry about it. If your health issues are well managed you should be fine. I had a query on my health declaration form and had to go and see another doctor for an assessment. I was really worried but the assessment was with another GP and was straightforward. It will hold up your application a bit. The best advice I received was to keep chasing OFSTED. One time I phoned them to ask what was happening and it turned out nothing until I phoned them! Good luck!